Can I use my first course as a part of my second course?

Hello everyone,

I am thinking about creating a course which will help students to prepare for their iGCSE exam Paper 1 for certain subject. It will take more than 3 months for me to create the complete course. To get some feedback and evaluate the potential at the earlier production stage I am planning to publish certain chapters as a separate course before the whole course is complete. It will be for free or for a very little price.

The question is if I can later include this course as a part of my complete course which will be more expensive?

In other words, can I firstly sell course A and later sell course B that will include course A as well as other, new chapters.

Best Answer

• ElianaC
    ElianaC Posts: 5,404 Udemy rank
    Answer ✓

Hi @Adelya Thanks for your question!  Udemy policy has restrictions around duplicate content. You can use some lectures from one course in another, as long as the repeated content is included to support student learning in a distinctly different course (you can provide some duplicate lectures for context, but the skills learned in each course must be unique).

If the courses are just duplicates of each other, your course will not be allowed on the marketplace. If we receive complaints from students that there is too much duplicate content and overlap in your published courses, our Policy team may have to take action.

Please use your best judgment to deliver a unique, valuable course that will teach students something new. If you have further questions please send an email to our Trust & Safety team at policy@udemy.com.

I hope this helps!

Answers

• Adelya
    Adelya Posts: 4 observer rank

Hi @ElianaC thank you for your answer. I also was interested if I can sell the powerpoints and some of the materials used in my future course on websites such as Tes.com?

• ElianaC
    ElianaC Posts: 5,404 Udemy rank

Hi @Adelya I recommend that you send an email to the Trust & Safety team at policy@udemy.com. They will be able to inform you whether this is possible.

• Adelya
    Adelya Posts: 4 observer rank

Ok thank you @ElianaC for your response. I'll do that.