Which Editing Software do you use?

Options

Comments

• JasmineBayer
    Options

Hi Philip ,

Thanks for this . I have been facing issues with each chapter having differnt audio. So do you upload your whole course at once on Auphonic or each individual chapter? Would love to know the shortest way to go about it.

Thanks for the help.

• KhuramShahz275
    Options

Best editing software

There are many editing software programs available, and the choice of which one to use depends on the specific needs and preferences of the user. Here are some popular options:

Microsoft Word: A widely used word processing software that includes basic editing tools such as spell check, grammar check, and thesaurus.

Grammarly: An AI-powered writing assistant that checks for spelling and grammar errors, as well as clarity, conciseness, and tone.

ProWritingAid: A comprehensive writing tool that offers in-depth analysis of grammar, spelling, and style, as well as suggestions for improving readability and flow.

Hemingway Editor: A simple web-based app that highlights complex sentences, passive voice, and other common writing errors, and provides suggestions for simplifying and clarifying the text.

Google Docs: A free cloud-based word processor that offers real-time collaboration and editing, as well as basic grammar and spelling checks.

Scrivener: A powerful writing software for authors and screenwriters that offers tools for outlining, research, and organization, as well as editing and formatting features.

Ultimately, the best editing software depends on the user's specific needs and preferences. It's important to research and try out different options to find the one that works best for you

• DiogoAlvesd487
    Options

This was 100% written by chatGPT

• AlişanALAÇAM
    Options

I am using OBS and Prism Live Studio.

• StanVangild204
    Options

1) MS Word to outline the course

2) Powerpoint or Keynote for slides

3) Camtasia for screen recording, audio recording, and video editing

4) Audacity to add effects if needed to the audio

• Robert_Hean
    Options

I've been using iMovie since the start, but only because it came with my Mac! I've been forcing myself to figure out how to make it work (mainly since I don't want to buy a camtasia or finalcut). So far I've only run into a single limitation - it only allows 2 layers of video.

This means I can do a green screen, but NOT overlay a graphic... OR I can overlay a single graphic, but not a second one.

So far it's only been a mild annoyance, but given it's a free product I'm ok with that...

• Imran Zakir
    Options

I utilize a combination of software tools to bring my video content together. Employ Clipchamp for screen and audio recording, Audacity for audio enhancements, MS Word for creating comprehensive course outlines, and MS PowerPoint for designing visually appealing presentations.

Clipchamp serves as an excellent solution for capturing both my screen activities and accompanying audio. If require to ensure optimal audio quality, I rely on Audacity, a widely-used open-source audio editing software.

MS Word acts as my go-to word-processing software for creating detailed course outlines. Its versatile formatting options enable me to organize and structure my content effectively, ensuring clarity and coherence in my teaching materials.

Lastly, I leverage the power of MS PowerPoint to craft captivating visual presentations. With its abundant features, including slide transitions, animations, and multimedia embedding.

• AtaideAntonio63
    Options

Obrigada pela dica.

• SSAA
    SSAA Posts: 186 Community Champion rank
    Options

Camtasia. HOWEVER.....not very happy with it. In terms of effects (for instance on screen words), it is incredibly limited. So, we are looking for something better. But what we currently have made, is made with Camtasia.

• ArnoEsterhuizen
    Options

I used Invideo and IMovie before.. Now moved to Camtasia and loving it.

• StanVangild204
    Options

I'm all in with Camtasia, but I wish there were more audio editing tools. What exactly are you trying to do with Camtasia? Are you talking about closed captioning? Just curious.

Stan

• SSAA
    SSAA Posts: 186 Community Champion rank
    Options

I use it for screen casting in general terms and never for closed captioning. That latter option is done by Udemy.

• goyashy
    Options

Obs for recording, editing I use Snapy.ai - I basically, don't edit my videos anymore. It's the best stack afaik.

• goyashy
    Options

OBS for screen record & Snapy.ai for video editing. It's the simplest workflow to i've used so far. Used primere pro before.

• goyashy
    Options

OBS for Recording + Snapy.ai for Editing 10/10.

• ArnoEsterhuizen
    Options

Also using Camtasia and recently started using the Audiate companion software to edit my audio. E.g. cutting out the pauses, which is really making editing a lot easier and quicker.

• ArnoEsterhuizen
    Options

Camtasia and Audiate

• Camtasia.

• ImiR
    ImiR Posts: 7
    Options

You guys have helped me a lot. I launched my first course a couple weeks ago. I used Davinci Resolve and OBS. It’s been quite a journey learning to use the tools and I can’t quite believe I’m the author of a course now

• FabianFraikin
    Options

I try to record everything in a good way so there is not editing needed. I use quicktime , a good webcam, a good microphone plugged in the computer and then record everything with screen recording. I am filming myself in a small studio with a nice background and two lights.

• Robert_Hean
    Options

Hey all,

I started off with iMovie because it was free and happened to be on my Mac. It served me VERY well, until I realized I needed more than 2 layers of video (e.g. my talking head, and 1 overlay wasn't enough). Unfortunately I only figured that out AFTER I had edit 75% of a new course...

So, I got a tool that met my needs - Davinci. It's got waaaay more features than I'll ever use, but more than meets my needs for multiple layers, audio, uploads, etc. The learning curve (for me) was more of a vertical line, but it's also a fun challenge to learn how to use.

• FabianFraikin
    Options

Yes Imovie got some limitations in terms of layers for graphics. Maybe you can try to record it with Quicktime and then use this screen recording in Imovie?

• RushabhModi247
    Options

I used to use TechSmith Capture , it had quite some options that was before I started using Camtasia it serve my requirements quite well

• aniketjain8441
    Options

I can use Capcut, Filmora, Audacity

• Cristi S.
    Cristi S. Posts: 163
    Options

This thread is very old, you should start a new one.

It's interesting how many people here started with Camtasia many years ago, when it didn't cost so much as today. And many complain today about its limitations. I know, I tried it.

There are also many other free alternatives today, not bad at all. Some older guys on the platform may disagree and give some bad advice. But in just 3-4 months I created 6 video courses with just PowerPoint and ...Clipchamp. My first was about Clipchamp, which still brings me something.

There are limitations, it's true, but you should rather know where and learn to avoid them.

Capcut is coming strong today, they innovate like crazy.

And lately I looked into OBS. Which, with something like DaVinci Resolve, could be a winning free solution.

• XiaoqiZhao
    XiaoqiZhao Posts: 9
    Options

I've used CapCut for quite long period and add my customized intro / outro clips to make different videos in similar style.

• IanBradley63
    IanBradley63 Posts: 17
    Options

I come from a streaming background so OBS and Adobe Premier is my normal pipeline. Any voice over work done within Audacity.

The new adobe products have some great AI transcript built right into to help streamline the transcript game!

• RobertChalmers
    Options

Final Cut Pro

• Mohamed Eid
    Mohamed Eid Posts: 39
    Options

Cap cut

• Mohamed Eid
    Mohamed Eid Posts: 39
    Options

I'll try it.