Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Month New Theme: Marketing!

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bella_0-1680530006355.gif

Hey there instructor community,

It’s the month of April and that means we have a new theme for you, Marketing! This is easily one of the most discussed topics in the community and we wanted to have a whole month dedicated subject!

So if you’re looking to improve your marketing efforts for your online courses, this is the month for you!

To kick things off we have a question for you:

What is the most effective marketing tool that you are utilizing right now and why?

Post your answer in the comments below! 👇

10 Comments
erickottke
Researcher
Researcher

video and persuasive copy that focuses on how to make the target audience feel.  

SoyMarketer
Storyteller Storyteller
Storyteller

@Bella 🙃

What is the most effective marketing tool that you are utilizing right now and why?

SEO in YouTube. SEO based videos uploaded into YouTube have been an effective marketing tool for me because the video is now ranked in top spots and getting consistent traffic to my course's sales page. How can anyone do this? Use SEMrush or Ubbersuggest to select a good keyword. Then analyze top three results. Read all the comments. And note the good AND the bad. Then repeat what competitors did good in their video, and improve on what they didn't do well. This is also the exact formula to rank a course in Udemy. All just a matter of analyzing top 3 and making something much better.

Chandra
Researcher
Researcher

@Bella 

Could you please let me know where can I introduce myself in Udemy Instructor community? 

Appreciate if link is provided.

Thanks in advance!

Chandra

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @erickottke, thanks for sharing! You make an excellent point about the importance of creating persuasive copy that focuses on how to make the target audience feel. This is a crucial element to consider when creating a marketing campaign. 

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @SoyMarketer 🙃 Thank you for sharing your effective marketing tool with us! SEO in YouTube can be a game-changer when it comes to driving traffic to your course sales page. Your step-by-step guide is very helpful, and I'm sure it will be beneficial for many instructors in the community.

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Chandra, glad you asked! You can introduce yourself to the community by creating a new post under the "Introductions" board. Here's the link to the board.

You can also reply directly to our Introduce Yourself thread, where you can also meet your fellow instructors. 😊

We're looking forward to getting to know you better! 

Chandra
Researcher
Researcher

@Bella Thank you! Appreciated

Veasna, M.
Storyteller Storyteller
Storyteller

@Bella What is the new marketing strategies from Udemy to help promote our courses?

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Veasna, M., thank you for your question!

Udemy uses personalized marketing strategies to help promote instructor courses and reach learners. These strategies include seasonal campaigns and promotions around the world, advertising on popular sites such as Facebook, YouTube, Google, Instagram, etc, and tapping into our knowledge of student interests. We recommend courses to learners by taking into account their interests and behavior and creating highly targeted marketing campaigns that are specifically tailored to their purchasing patterns.

We also offer the Deals Program where instructors can optimize their course list prices in different markets worldwide and increase their reach and revenue potential on Udemy. However, please note that inclusion in our promotions is not guaranteed and is based on several factors such as course topic, enrollments, conversions, ratings, and reviews.

Udemy is constantly working on improving its pricing models and promotions to help instructors maximize their course revenue and increase earnings. In 2023, we will be testing a new methodology for setting prices that will emphasize course attributes such as language, freshness, and opportunities for practice. These changes will be monitored for their impact on overall marketplace performance and instructor earnings and we will be sharing the results with our instructor community. 

If you'd like to learn more, check out this article: How Udemy marketing benefits you

I hope this helps!

Veasna, M.
Storyteller Storyteller
Storyteller

@Bella Thank you!