Improvements to review spam filter

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improvements to review spam filter

I realised yesterday that Udemy has a spam filter for the reviews and that this might not be very exact due to other posts here: https://community.udemy.com/t5/First-time-Course-Creation/Udemy-Review-Spam-filter-process-improveme... and this has affected me.

I created a course a week ago and I shared a free coupon to my community which is around 150k users across youtube, twitter, instagram, facebook and linkedin. Around 25k users enrolled to the course thanks to this promotion and it got a lot of good reviews because of this. However out of nothing I received an email from policy@udemy.com telling me that they registered reviews on my course (they didn't specify which one) that were flagged by the spam filter and received a strike 3, blocking me from the platform for 30 calendar days. I want to add that I did not use a script or manipulated the subscription process to improve my rating.

This concerns me a lot as I'm not sure that if I create another free coupon and share it with my subscribers it may trigger the spam filter again. Or even worse, being triggered again by doing nothing and result in permanent ban. There was also no evidence attached that this activity was due to my actions. Neither the reviews that were flagged as spam. Please take this into consideration. I want to provide as much help as possible in order to help improve the spam filter, after all I did nothing that broke the rules under my perspective.

Any reply with more information on how to prevent this would be much appreciated.

1 Reply
Katherine
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello @nicolasschurman 

I suggest you reach out to policy@udemy.com. The Trust & Safety team will be happy to answer your questions and give you more insight regarding this situation.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors