Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Instructor Spotlight: Meet Diego Mariano

Hello Instructor Community!

We’re excited to bring you another Instructor Spotlight post! Every month, we will spotlight members of our community by giving them the opportunity to share their stories and their work. By highlighting instructors from around the world, we hope to bring you closer to your fellow instructors and feel inspired by their journeys. Today, we’re putting the spotlight on Diego Mariano.

Diego is from Brazil and has been on Udemy for 4 years. He teaches Bioinformatics, Data Science, and Web Development. Learn more about Diego in the interview below!

Bella_0-1666207611861.png

What do you love the most about teaching?

I love the fact that I can reach tens of thousands of people all over the world.

What is the most important thing you've learned about creating online courses?

Many students feel unmotivated when they are forced to study. However, in the online environment, they can access the material and watch classes when they see fit. Thus, only at that moment do they discover that they have a passion for studying.

What accomplishments on Udemy are you really proud of?

Nowadays, I have almost 700,000 students around the world. This is an impressive number but I would love to reach 1 million! Many of my students are from different countries around the world. And in my entire career, I never thought I could impact so many people.

What advice would you give to a brand-new instructor?

Be inspired by successful instructors in your field, but don't repeat exactly what they did. Try to follow the same path, but always try to bring something new.

What’s something you’re planning on doing in the next year?

I intend to produce new courses. There is a long journey to reach my goal: to reach 1 million students worldwide.

Is there a particular success story or learning experience that you would like to share with us?

A kid once posted a review thanking me for the course. He had completed a computer programming course that I had made available for free then. The boy told me that he had shown his math teacher how he had managed to develop a program that did calculations. And he was happy because the teacher was proud of him. I thought it was fantastic because the boy was only 12 years old (and programming is a challenging task, even for adults).

Do you have any questions for Diego? Feel free to ask him in the comments! 

3 Replies
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing your story with us, @diego! 🤗

ChrystieV
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great to meet you @diego and thank you for sharing your story & journey with the instructor community!

diego
Storyteller Storyteller
Storyteller

Thanks, @Bella and @ChrystieV!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.