Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Introduce Yourself!

Hi there!

Welcome aboard, our community is excited to have you here! We'd love to get to know you better, so here's a place for you to introduce yourself (if you’d like) and meet other members as they join.

Some questions you may answer to get your thoughts flowing:

• Who are you?
  • Where are you from?
  • What is your teaching area?
  • Why did you join the Instructor Community?
  • Tell us a fun fact about yourself!

Good to know:

Cheers!

410 Replies

Hi everyone! My name is Ariadna. I am originally from Barcelona, Spain, but I have been living in a little village in Bulgaria for the last couple of years surrounded by 11 awesome cats that came from the street into my house, and of course into my heart.

I am a Mindfulness meditation Instructor and recently joined Udemy platform. For the last year I have been working on my own Mindfulness course and am here to share my passion about meditation. 

Situations over the last few years lead me to loose my job, but also gave me the biggest opportunity to focus on myself, and I found a genuine and beautiful caring meditation school in Spain to study with, and for which I am grateful every day. Not only have I transformed my life but also I have found my passion.

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome, @Ariadna Mindfulness Instructor! 

Wow, 11 cats! That is my dream, I love cats! I admire you very much -- taking care of animals, especially by taking them off the streets, is such a kind gesture! 

I'm so happy you've found your passion in teaching. Sometimes we need to lose something in order to find what we've been looking for our whole life.  

if you ever need help with anything related to Udemy, please don’t hesitate to ask the community. We have plenty of instructors who are experts and are happy to help, as well as members of our own team who will jump in. 😊

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community 

Thank you @Bella  for the information and encouragement.

Hi everyone,
I'm Cynthia; I provide virtual assistant services. I'm from Nairobi,Kenya.

I enjoy providing digital services. Since the World is a global village and borderless, it gives me so much joy to help individuals with activities like office admin, social media management, and email/calendar management to keep one's business running while they focus on building brands.
I have been using Udemy to upskill. On learning about this community, I joined it. I look forward to learning from the community. I also look forward to getting insights that will challenge me to stop procrastinating on creating a course.
Cheers!

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Cindishel, thank you so much for introducing yourself to the Community, it’s so nice to have you here!

I hear you --- procrastination is definitely an enemy of online content creators. Thankfully, you have a vibrant community of passionate (and motivated) instructors right here that I'm sure will help inspire and keep you focused on your goals. Feel free to engage in discussions, create your own posts and ask for help anytime you need it! We'll be right here. 🤗

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community 

I am Christiana Daniel, CEO/Founder of a thriving Indie Beauty Brand_ Chrystal Beauty Skincare and Cosmetics. I am from Nigeria. I teach Skincare Formulation Science and Email Marketing, I'm here because I want to grow with other instructors and make my contributions where necessary.

Funfact: I love to collect tiny beautiful works of art.

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Chrystalbeauty, thanks for sharing a bit about yourself! I personally have a soft spot for beauty content creators as this is probably one of the things I like to learn about the most, so I'm really happy to be welcoming you into our community! 🤩

If you need any help, don't hesitate to ask!

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community 

Hi.

Welcome to Udemy Instructors.

Good to see another Nigerian here. I'm an Architect teaching presentation methods and 3D. Hope you enjoy it here. 

Cheers.

Hi, I'm Sagnik Bhattacharya, a Software engineer, and corporate trainer. I'm currently based in India and I teach, how to code. After 4 years of experience, I started my own Educational company and I've personally trained more than 5000 students, in-person, worldwide. Currently, I have launched one course on Udemy in the month of September 2022, and I have around 2000 students. Thanks to Udemy for providing the opportunity to upload my course on Udemy.

Ramesh Fadatare
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Welcome to the community @SagnikBhatt696, I hope you find everything you need and that you enjoy your experience!

CC @Bella 

Hello everyone , my name is Mendi Singh

• Where are you from? : I'm from Birmingham UK
  • What is your teaching area? music, l teach the Tabla drums, l have been performing from the age of 6 years old and started learing the tabla when l was 3 years old.
  • I love playing music and collaborating, and have been blessed to tour all over the world with ddifferent artists
  • Why did you join the Instructor Community? to understand this platform better 
  • Tell us a fun fact about yourself! I performed on the 2017 Take That tour Wonderland
  • Had the best time ever 😊
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome @MendiSingh! We're glad to have you in the Instructor Community. I just searched the 2017 Wonderland event and WOW, looks like it was huge! Congrats on your participation. Let us know if you have any specific questions about the platform - we'd love to help!

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community  

Hi, I'm from Canada.  Living in Quebec right  now but moving back to BC soon.

I've been teaching yoga and fitness for 30 years.  I specialize in helping people with chronic pain, depression, and stress.  The I teach mind-body methods that allow people to stay independent without having to rely on medication.

I hope to connect with other instructors here so we can share in our successes.

There's going to be a big snowfall here tomorrow.  It's sunny today so I'm going to get out and take my dog for a walk in the forest.

Cheers,

Jennifer

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to the community, @JenniferHou661! It's really nice to get to know you and your background 😊 Oh and dog pics 🐶 are always welcome here (just saying 😁 )

Hi everyone,
My name is Ahmed Bakr.
I live in Sohag, Egypt.
I teach linux, windows, and web programming.
I like to read books on physics, astronomy and metaphysics.
I read books with the help of screen readers because I am a blind User 🙂

Hi Ahmed! Nice to meet you, welcome to Udemy instructors!  😄

Hello my fellow instructors! Glad to be a part of the community and help people learn about marketing and lead generation. I joined Udemey to share my knowledge of marketing and lead generation with other people so they don't go through the same errors and failures as I have. 

Stay safe out there!

Hello,

My name is Thad Broom and I live in Virginia Beach in the USA.

I am a retired architect but continue to teach engineering and architectural computer graphics at our local community college. My kids keep telling me  to just start taking it easy.  But I love teaching and the opportunity to pass on my  year's of knowledge to younger generations so, I think I will just keep on trucking.

Started teaching over Zoom during the pandemic and love doing so. Requires much more prep and organizing than just walking into a classroom. That's what started me thinking about Udemy. Why limit my teaching to one classroom when I can reach out to the world?

Fun fact? Hmm, well I'm a electronic gadget type person to the point that my son has threatened to spread my ashes in Best Buys all over the US when I pass on.

@Thad a retired Architect! Wow! I have a senior colleague here then. I'm not retired; I'm still very much in the grind and trying to figure out how things work on this platform. I'm still awaiting the approval of my first course, so fingers crossed.

Nice to know you, Thad. 

Loved your profile. I've been on the bleeding edge of  technology since AutoCad 10 and then Architectural Desktop and Revit. Have taught beginning and advanced AutoCad and Revit at our community college for 15 years. Have dabbled in VR with both Enscape and Twinmotion. Wondering if we could maybe collaborate by recommending each other. Also looking forward to seeing what your course is about as I definitely need to improve my p;presentation chops.

Howdy folks

I'm Michael and I live in Central Texas. I currently have created courses in Communication Studies, and in 2023 will add one in Texas History. 

I joined the community to learn how to best optimize my offerings and also figure out some marketing hints. 

I am an old person, who has worked in technology for 40+ years and have been promoting remote work for most of those years.

I spend my time annoying my dog Lil Dude and enjoying our walks.

I hope everyone has a very prosperous 2023 and beyond

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.