How can I market my course?

Options

Comments

• PhoebeJaspe
    Options

Just had my first review on the course. I’m quite pleased with Udemy and will he creating a filmmaking course with a higher quality camera.

• Hemav
    Hemav Posts: 30
    Options

Hi Lawrence,

Thanks for letting me know as how to market my course. I am planning to post a blog in linked in and Facebook. I also would like to say in the blog that I have posted my Swiftui course in Udemy and the course has been approved.

I still have to understand how can l get students to subscribe to the course and learn the course.

your points were excellent. I will try to follow what you have said.

One more good news. I have started preparing for the next Course which is going to be Advanced Swiftui Programming. It should be ready in another fortnight.

If you do not mind, what is level 1 mean?

Thank you for reaching to me.

• PranayKumar108
    Options

Hir Sir. Couldnt find Scott Duffy's course on Udemy SEO Marketing. Please help.

• LawrenceMMiller
    Options

I don't know what happened to it. @ScottDuffy
    You are the first one to point this out. Maybe just take another one that is highly rated.

• PranayKumar108
    Options

Thanks Sir. Can you suggest any?

• ShereenElma349
    Options

thanks for valuable advice

• AlanTo
    AlanTo Posts: 1
    Options

great thks for sharing Lawrence! it helps me a lot as a new instructor in Udemy. thank you!

• VittorioLiu92
    Options

Thanks Lawrance ! :smileyhappy:

• TraceyDuke
    Options

What fantastic advice Larry! Truly helpful in getting a plan together. Thankyou!

• SueAllin
    Options

Thank you! I have launched two courses on different topics: Art for beginners and English Grammar, but have not had great success. I will definitely try your advice.

• LizBrownUX
    Options

What happened to Scott Duffy's Udemy SEO course? Was it taken down? Thanks!

• debra1111
    Options

I’m going to add on about for people asking about Facebook Ads. It is a bad practice. Udemy does paid ads for us and they take the financial risk. Facebook ads work for self-hosted courses over $100 and you have to understand how to create and who to market to there. Even then, only 4% buy through Facebook and it takes 2-3 PPC per person. You are running far in the red. Time spent posting on platforms and free questions is how you market for Udemy on other sites. Paid ads are for outside Udemy courses, and taking a legit honest Facebook ads course is needed. I know many people that work in marketing and PPC selling Facebook knowing it doesn’t work for most businesses. If you have money to spare then first use FB Ads to send them to something free to gain trust... that was what I learned at SEO conference for PPC.

• SalJade
    Options

@ScottDuffy
    (thats his post it name- not sure if that helps!

• Mobile_Faculty
    Options

Debra, you hit the nail on the head! Rather than wasting money on FB ads, driving traffic to your Udemy courses through evergreen webinars, YouTube, and funnels is a better use of your funds.
    Also leveraging your current social media network by adding a link to your Udemy course in your email signature; or answering questions relevant to your topic on Quora, Reddit, LinkedIn, etc., and truly providing value will help build your reputation.
    Once your audience begins to “know”, “like”, and “trust” you, they will be more likely to check out your courses.

Pro Tips:

1) Stop trying to convince potential customers that your course is better than other courses; even if it is, all you are doing is diverting the attention of someone who isn’t committed. If they can be lulled from another course, they can be lulled from yours as well.
    2) Don’t spend energy competing for customers in a saturated space. Find “New Blue Oceans” that means look for another customer segment. If your area is iPhone photography and there are dozens of courses on the topic, considering specializing into a niche area such as Nature iPhone Photography, or Time lapse iPhone photography, or portrait iPhone photography. Or perhaps extend into another area such as iPhone videography, or editing iPhone videos, etc.

3) Spend time and resources on your personal and professional training and development. You are probably passionate about one or two areas (why else create a course?) Become the ‘goto’ person based on your demonstrated skills, articles, blog posts, podcasts or guest. Set yourself apart from the crowd in a humble-bragging way.
    4) Focus on providing transformation rather than only information. You do this by identifying what it is your ideal customer wants. I heard it explained like this, a person doesn’t buy a ladder to show off having a ladder. They but the ladder to use it to get a specific result; inspect their roof, trim a tree, hang or take down lights. Similarly, a person takes your Udemy course to obtain a specific result. Tell them what transformation your course brings.

-

Eugene

• RainierPhil119
    Options

Awesome!! Thank you, hopefully my couse will take off. I know how helpful my course is to job seekers.

• HanaKovac177
    Options

Very good tips thank you!

• AboAondofaE932
    Options

Thank you Larry. This is very well explained.

• DaryaBelkin252
    Options

Thank you so much! This is a great piece of advice!

please share your thoughts on my course, I have just started.

thank you!

awaiting your feedback ✌️✌️✌️✌️✌️

• MeryMejia
    MeryMejia Posts: 352
    Options

Hi @DaryaBelkin252
    , Can you edit your posts to remove the course link (click "options" then select "edit message")? We don't allow self-promotion (course links included), thank you!

Mery Mejia

Udemy Community

• Hawraa f.369
    Options

Thanks for sharing .. you inspired me ! Grateful

• SueAllin
    SueAllin Posts: 2
    Options

Transformation rather than information! Yes - like that!

• Stephenteacher
    Options

Great information thanks for posting

• drkrisharma
    Options

Very practical and precise.

• RKArora
    Options

Thank You Love and blessings

• ariyam66
    ariyam66 Posts: 131
    Options

I also like these tips. in my experience marketing, the course is also a difficult thing like creating your course. I do not do much marketing but lately, I am trying to do a little bit more. Hopefully, it will help me.

• Thanks @LawrenceMMiller
    for your valuable advice! However, I cannot find Scott Duffy's course on Udemy Seo (point 15): do you know if it is still available? thanks! Alessandro

• LawrenceMMiller
    Options

@ScottDuffy
    Hey, Scott. What happened to your SEO course and do you recommend someone else's course?

@Alessandro Calonego
    I don't know what happened to Scott's course. And, I don't have a recommendation although there are a lot of courses on SEO marketing.

• ScottDuffy
    Options

For the $50 per month I was making from it, it was not worth the effort to maintain. I kept it updated for 5 years, and that seemed like enough.

I would occasionally be criticized for it. So it's much better all-around that I don't appear as someone who has "something to sell" to instructors.

I think it's very hard right now to "beat" the Udemy search index. The index is smarter and the competition is tougher. In the old days, I could get courses from page 10 to page 1 with the right application of keywords. I think those days are gone.

• FenomenKoç
    Options

bu değerli bilgiler için teşekkürler.

ek olarak ben kursum ile ilgili olacak üniversite bölüm hocalarına mail attım. Öğrencilerinin faydalabileceğini söyledim. genel olarak güzel geri bildirim aldım.