Reviews Accuracy

Hello,

There is one student who gave my course a review of 4.5 out of 5. However; that student left a really nice note and checked everything in his review. I think she meant to give a 5 out of 5 but left a 4.5 by mistake. The reason I think that is because a previous student did that and when I asked about it he saw my message and edited his review saying it was a mistake.

How can I contest this review? It's lowering my overall reviews to a 4.99 instead of a 5.

Thank you,

Aws

Best Answer

• Carolina M.
    Carolina M. Posts: 234 Udemy rank
    Answer ✓

Hi @AwsAmro408

Thank you for your question!

You can contest a review with our Policy team by emailing them at policy@udemy.com. However, please be aware that the review must meet specific criteria to be considered for removal. You can find more details on what Udemy will or will not remove in this article about negative reviews.

Your situation is a bit different from what's covered in the following article, but I recommend checking out this page regarding influencing the review system for your courses as well.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask 😊

Answers

• thank you

• Students can leave 4 or 4.5* for a Course they really like. In fact, they can sometimes leave a 3* too, with amazing comments praising the Course ! Sometimes it's a mistake, but often its not.

It depends on various factors, cultural, organizational, individual … a 5* does not mean the same thing for everyone. One of the things Psychology Research suggests, especially for things like Performance Ratings, is to have an example employee, a reference point, to try and get everyone on the same page. Like Employee A in the team is a good example of Excellent, and Employee C is a good example of Average etc. That can reduce Biases, as well as random Noise, in ratings.

• I think it's the way Udemy rating is setup you think you clicked the star but when you check you see that you clicked half a star. It's not setup well in my opinion. I've had another student make this mistake and when I replied to the comment he said that he thought he clicked five stars.