How to gain potential students before you publish!

2»

Comments

• Thanks Alicia. This will help me market my new iOS courses. :)

• New instructor here. Thank you for sharing your experience. Very helpful to get started!
  • The ClickFunnels one is super interesting, just had a look at that website. It looks kinda expensive though - have you seen results?

• Question re:

* you stated, "Create a website.". Are you suggesting to create a website specifically for the Udemy courses? Separate from your existing website?

* you stated, "Grow (or start) your social media following". Is this a separate set of social media accounts from our existing business social media accounts that only address / relate to the Udemy courses?

I ask because consulting business (and website, SM, etc) have existed since 2014. But due to the C-Virus, the consulting business is almost non-existing for L&D Trainers. So I am pivoting the existing skills to create a series of Udemy eLearning courses. I need to retain the consulting website and social media. Having both will give me choices when there is a downturn (like now).

Any thoughts?

• Nice idea, gathering email Id through website

• Hi Jerry:

Thank you for the great information. I have a setback because my course deals with social issues - domestic violence and no social media forum is accepting my ads. In your number 5 point you mentioned: Run a simple contest to get emails. Can you please give some insight on how to run that contest? Or can you point me in the right direction?

Thank you

Fiona

• Always helpful..really appreciate the information..thanks

• Gaining Students Before Udemy.

There are several ways to gain potential students before publishing your course on Udemy:

Create a landing page: Create a landing page for your course where you can provide a brief overview of what your course is about and what it covers. You can include an opt-in form to collect email addresses of potential students who are interested in your course.

Use social media: Use social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to promote your course. Create engaging posts with attention-grabbing headlines, images, and videos that provide value and encourage people to enroll in your course.

Leverage your network: Reach out to your network of colleagues, friends, and family and ask them to spread the word about your course. You can also offer them a referral bonus for each person they refer who enrolls in your course.

Offer a free preview: Offer a free preview of your course to potential students to give them a taste of what they can expect. This can include a short video or an eBook that provides an overview of the course content.

Participate in online communities: Participate in online communities related to your course topic and share your expertise. This will help establish you as an authority in your field and increase visibility for your course.

Run paid ads: Consider running paid ads on platforms like Google Ads and Facebook Ads to reach a wider audience. You can target people based on their interests, demographics, and behavior to increase the chances of reaching potential students.

By implementing these strategies, you can build momentum and attract potential students even before your course is published on Udemy.

• Its quite interesting...

One point I like more and its about DEMO for your friends and colleges.

Thank you and everyone.

Wish you great autumn days

Best Yan