Error When Uploading Video

I am getting the error below when uploading a video, how do I resolve it 

Your video upload failed for 1 reason:

2 Replies
MarinaT
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @SusanMuchir197

Thank you so much for your post. I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with uploading your course videos.

In the case you are describing, our file uploader is rejecting the video because it has detected that audio is only available from one channel (right or left speaker). To meet our audio standards, videos must play with audio coming fully from both speakers, with 2-channel sound.

You'll need to adjust your export settings in your video production tools to fix this. Please ensure you select 2-channel audio in your export settings and re-export the video so that it can be uploaded to Udemy.

Alternatively, you can convert one channel to two channels using a tool like Audacity (link here for more instructions).

If you have more specific questions, please contact our instructor support by clicking here and navigating to “Contact Us” on the right.

Thank you so much!

@SusanMuchir197Official Website wrote:

I am getting the error below when uploading a video, how do I resolve it 

Your video upload failed for 1 reason:

Hello,

When encountering audio and video out-of-sync issues during video uploads, there are several steps you can take to resolve the problem. Let’s explore some potential solutions:

Restart Your Computer and Multimedia Player:
Sometimes, a simple restart can help. Close the multimedia player and reopen it. Additionally, consider restarting your computer to flush its memory and end background processes.

Run the Audio Troubleshooter:

Windows 10 comes with built-in troubleshooting tools. To run the Playing Audio troubleshooter:
Open the Start menu and go to Settings.
Click on Update & Security > Troubleshoot.
Select Additional troubleshooter.
Click on Playing Audio and run the troubleshooter. It will scan your computer for issues and attempt to fix them.

Check Speaker Properties:
Incorrect speaker settings can cause audio issues. Follow these steps:
Open Control Panel.
Select Sound.
Choose the audio output device you’re using and click Properties.
Go to the Advanced tab.
Below Exclusive Mode, uncheck Give exclusive mode applications priority.
Consider changing the audio format to DVD Quality in the Advanced tab.
Finally, open the Enhancements tab and uncheck Disable all sound effects.
Update Video and Audio Drivers:
Outdated drivers can lead to sync problems. Make sure your video and audio drivers are up to date.
Use Video Editing Tools:
If the issue persists, consider using video editing software (such as DaVinci Resolve) to manually adjust the audio and video synchronization.

I hope the information may helps you. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.