Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarinaT
Community Manager
Community Manager

What camera are you currently using?

Hey online instructors!

We're curious about the tools you use to bring your virtual classrooms to life, and one essential piece of equipment is your camera. There are a ton of options to record your online courses, but we’d love to hear what you’re currently using right now!

So, we'd love to know: What type of camera do you rely on for your online teaching?

Whether you use a webcam, DSLR camera, smartphone, or any other device, we're eager to hear about your setup!

3 Replies

@MarinaTcompass mobile dollar tree wrote:

Hey online instructors!

We're curious about the tools you use to bring your virtual classrooms to life, and one essential piece of equipment is your camera. There are a ton of options to record your online courses, but we’d love to hear what you’re currently using right now!

So, we'd love to know: What type of camera do you rely on for your online teaching?

Whether you use a webcam, DSLR camera, smartphone, or any other device, we're eager to hear about your setup!

Hello, @MarinaT 

I can provide information on popular choices among educators and content creators:

Webcams: Many online teachers use webcams for their convenience and ease of use. Models like the Logitech C920 or C922 are popular for their high-quality video and reliability.
DSLR Cameras: For higher video quality, some educators opt for DSLR cameras with a video capture card to connect to their computers. Cameras from the Canon EOS series or the Sony Alpha series are often used.
Smartphones: Modern smartphones have excellent cameras and can be a great option for recording videos, especially when paired with a good microphone and tripod.
Document Cameras: These are also used by teachers who want to showcase documents, drawings, or physical objects during their lessons.

Each option has its own set of advantages, and the choice often depends on the specific needs of the course, such as video quality, budget, and technical comfort level. What’s your current preference or what are you considering for your virtual classroom setup? 😊

Best Regard,
angela683h

I am using iphone 15 pro max with my macbook and connecting both of them with Screenflow. Wonderful and easiest setup.

For my current setup, I’m using an older Fujifilm XT2 connected to my iMac with a Magewell capture card that allows me to use it as a webcam or record directly in my screencasts software like Screenflow.  

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.
Top Liked Authors