Why earphones?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why earphones?

Go to solution

Hi Everyone,

I was in the audio/visual webinar yesterday and it was pointed it out that earphones are important. I have no idea why are earphones necessary. What is their importance? In addition are there any specific recommendations for earphones? 

Thanks!

Ron

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Yeah, I realized I didn't really give any context for that statement. It's important for reviewing the quality of your audio before you decide to upload it, or re-record. Many, if not most learners will be listening to your course through headphones or earbuds. Things like background noise and breath noise can be much more noticeable in headphones than they are through speakers, so you might unknowingly be uploading videos with distracting audio issues otherwise.

So, it's a good idea to use headphones or decent earbuds while editing your videos, so issues like that will stick out to you.

The standard pro headphones are the Sony MDR-7506, but it doesn't really have to be anything fancy. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Yeah, I realized I didn't really give any context for that statement. It's important for reviewing the quality of your audio before you decide to upload it, or re-record. Many, if not most learners will be listening to your course through headphones or earbuds. Things like background noise and breath noise can be much more noticeable in headphones than they are through speakers, so you might unknowingly be uploading videos with distracting audio issues otherwise.

So, it's a good idea to use headphones or decent earbuds while editing your videos, so issues like that will stick out to you.

The standard pro headphones are the Sony MDR-7506, but it doesn't really have to be anything fancy. 

Go to solution

Oh, I see, thanks for the clarification and also for the talk yesterday.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.
Top Liked Authors