"Request for Multi-Language Captioning Assistance"

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Request for Multi-Language Captioning Assistance"

Go to solution

Hello there,

I recently launched my first course, which is doing quite well. I noticed that automatic English captions were generated, and I'm interested in adding captions in other languages, particularly Arabic, French, Hindi, German, Chinese, and Japanese. Is there a way to generate captions for these languages automatically, similar to the English ones?

Thank you!

Best regards,
Abu Hamzah

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @Abuhamzah Thanks for asking! At this time, our system can only generate captions in English, Spanish, and Portuguese for courses taught in the respective languages. For example, if a course is taught in English, only English auto-generated captions can be added to it, not Spanish or Portuguese captions. For more information on the auto-generated subtitles program, please review this support article.

We do have a captions tool, which you can use to create and upload captions in different languages, you also have the option to download the English captions from your course, have them translated, and then upload them back to your course. Adding captions to your video lectures is a great way of increasing student engagement and accessibility for your courses. You can learn how to do this here.

Eliana 

Udemy Community Moderator 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @Abuhamzah Thanks for asking! At this time, our system can only generate captions in English, Spanish, and Portuguese for courses taught in the respective languages. For example, if a course is taught in English, only English auto-generated captions can be added to it, not Spanish or Portuguese captions. For more information on the auto-generated subtitles program, please review this support article.

We do have a captions tool, which you can use to create and upload captions in different languages, you also have the option to download the English captions from your course, have them translated, and then upload them back to your course. Adding captions to your video lectures is a great way of increasing student engagement and accessibility for your courses. You can learn how to do this here.

Eliana 

Udemy Community Moderator 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.
Top Liked Authors