Captions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Captions

Go to solution

Hello, 

I need an advice from more experienced course creators. 

I've had published yesterday my first course 🙂 Hurray! I am a course creator now! 🙂 

My understanding is that for the auto captions I need to wait about 20+ students to enroll in my course according to the forum. 

I can generate captions via youtube, and I guess in theory I can upload them for my 30 screencasts. But, in order to upload captions on Udemy - they have to be in a specific format (vtt), which I have a problem doing, despite trying several (free) service online. 

Please advice how do you overcome this.  What software do you use (free or paid) and what do you do if you want to be proactive with the captions. 

Thank you in advance. 

All the best, 

Radostina

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Go to solution

Congrats on your course, Radostina! 

For captions, use YouTube to transcribe, then convert SRT to VTT with free tools like SubtitleTools.com. Paid services like Rev.com can also help. This proactive step enhances accessibility for your students.

Best, 

Official Site

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Go to solution

Congrats on your course, Radostina! 

For captions, use YouTube to transcribe, then convert SRT to VTT with free tools like SubtitleTools.com. Paid services like Rev.com can also help. This proactive step enhances accessibility for your students.

Best, 

Official Site

Go to solution

Thank you so much for your reply! Much appreciated! 

I was pretty desperate during the weekend how to solve this problem with the .VTT files.

I signed up with Descript over the weekend, and was able to export the subtitles directly into *.vtt, which solves it for now. I have not uploaded all the subtitles yet, but I am done with 75% of them as of this moment. Never really appreciated how much work it is up to this point. 🙂 

All the best!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!