Course is not selling

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Course is not selling

Go to solution

Hello everyone,

I published my very first course last month on 20th March and have got 101 students from distributing free coupons and other paid coupons

But for some reason nobody is buying it.

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to solution

Swastik,

These are my comments on your course:

According to Marketplace Insights, Database Management is a tough niche to excel in, warning that you'll need lots of reviews to compete:

https://www.udemy.com/instructor/marketplace-insights/?q=Database%20Management&lang=en

Title: I don't like the all-upper case.  Each word should start with an uppercase.  You're missing the keyword "DBMS" in your title, which, according to Marketplace Insights, is 10% of the search keywords.  For the subtitle, I would uppercase the first letter of the first word, all acronyms, and nothing else.

Love that 5-star review and 101 students.

What you'll learn: good.

For the section and lecture titles, I'd only upper-case the first letter of each word.  I would also provide meaningful lecture titles rather than "LECTURE 1", ...

Break your course description into multiple paragraphs.  Include bulleted and numbered lists for even more formatting options.  The current solid wall of text is intimidating and hard to read.

Go after lots of good reviews (according to Marketplace Insights) and clean up some of the text formatting.  I would go after family, friends and peers to beef up your reviews fast.

If I were you, I would pass this course by @ScottDuffy  for even more/better advice (he seems to be setup as the community course reviewer).

I hope this helps,

---Brian

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to solution

I'm not finding the course.  Could you please provide a pointer?  ---Brian

GuilhermeMP
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

That is to be expected. Its always much easier to get free students than paid ones. The difference is absurd

Go to solution

what to do to get more students with paid coupons

Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to solution

Swastik,

These are my comments on your course:

According to Marketplace Insights, Database Management is a tough niche to excel in, warning that you'll need lots of reviews to compete:

https://www.udemy.com/instructor/marketplace-insights/?q=Database%20Management&lang=en

Title: I don't like the all-upper case.  Each word should start with an uppercase.  You're missing the keyword "DBMS" in your title, which, according to Marketplace Insights, is 10% of the search keywords.  For the subtitle, I would uppercase the first letter of the first word, all acronyms, and nothing else.

Love that 5-star review and 101 students.

What you'll learn: good.

For the section and lecture titles, I'd only upper-case the first letter of each word.  I would also provide meaningful lecture titles rather than "LECTURE 1", ...

Break your course description into multiple paragraphs.  Include bulleted and numbered lists for even more formatting options.  The current solid wall of text is intimidating and hard to read.

Go after lots of good reviews (according to Marketplace Insights) and clean up some of the text formatting.  I would go after family, friends and peers to beef up your reviews fast.

If I were you, I would pass this course by @ScottDuffy  for even more/better advice (he seems to be setup as the community course reviewer).

I hope this helps,

---Brian

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!