Hello there! Asking for advice for my very first udemy course

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello there! Asking for advice for my very first udemy course

Hi there,

my name is Frank, nice to meet you.

In these last 2 months I have been preparing my first Udemy course.

What kind of support did I use? I created a powerpoint presentation in which the "comment" contains the script for the voice actor. So, for each slide, the teacher will know exactly what to say.

Now, I am about to make the big step: I will pay a voice actor to read aloud my script while scrolling my presentation.

My presentation is already divided in many parts, which will be my lessons.

Each lesson will be about 5-10 minutes long.

You may ask yourself: why a voice actor? 

The reason why is that I am italian, so it's very difficult for me to maintain a good pronunciation while at the same time use an engaging tone. So I decided to hire a voice actor.

So, my question is: do you think I'm missing something? Does my plan sound good?

I thought of asking you guys before making the final step...

Thanks so much

Frank

7 Replies

You may not actually need to pay someone to make the presentation for you. You can just upload it as a PDF then if it's a paid course, you can set your price for your students to buy the file. 

Do let me know if this response was helpful.

Hi, thanks for your reply but I don't want to upload is as pdf.

As I said, I already prepared a full script: my course has been written specifically to be a video course

ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Occam-Consult you can find a piece of very good advice on how to do a voice-over here https://community.udemy.com/t5/First-time-Course-Creation/Steps-for-Voice-Over-Presentation-video/m-...

Really hope this helps!

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community 

Hi Eliana, thanks for your time.

Actually, my question is different. I would like to know if it's okay if I pay a voice actor to record my voice.

Is it ok for the udemy guidelines? Do I have to make him sign something? thanks

ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Occam-Consult We do not have a policy against the use of voice actors or other parties in order to teach or narrate your course to get more information about extra steps, please reach out to policy@udemy.com.

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community 

My answer may seem strange to you, but what you will pay for the voiceover for one course, you can pay it to a teacher who will help you improve your pronunciation and have your distinctive voice on your next courses.

absolutely not. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!