How do you know a topic will sell?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you know a topic will sell?

I am trying to figure out the next course I want to do.  Anyone have any tips on how to pick a winning topic?

2 Replies
MarinaT
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Denise Cicchella

Thank you for your post! It's fantastic that you're taking the initiative to learn about the demand for your topic before starting your course creation.

While there is no guarantee that a course will perform well in the marketplace, I recommend using our marketplace insights tool. This tool provides valuable information on the current demand for your topic, the number of existing courses, and the top monthly revenue.

These insights can help you make an informed decision about which course to create, especially if you have an interest and skills in multiple topics 😊.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have additional questions. 

Hello @Denise Cicchella !

I recommend you 3 creative different ways how you can search for a brand new idea for a course:

1. First, as @MarinaT recommended is an amazing marketplace insights tool, you have entire data gathered - what performs what not. 

2. Do the research about what is trending - as I found, the most powerful way is to search for the topics that are extremely popular at the specific moment, every day a lot of tools, features, and applications are released.

3. Search for the newest courses on the Udemy platform. If you see that some specific topic is repeated multiple times, and a few courses are released, it can be a great opportunity.

Best Regards

-Krystian

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors