How does revenue sharing works with corporate clients?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does revenue sharing works with corporate clients?

Go to solution

Hi, my dear fellow instructors! 

Would appreciate some insight on how the revenue stream is shared between the Instructor and Udemy from the corporate clients of Udemy.  

I know couple of large companies whose employees I want to offer my Leadership course (which am about to publish), as part of my marketing strategy. These companies have turned out to be Udemy's corporate clients as well, which I thought was a good sign! 🙂 

Is my assumption correct that the revenue sharing would remain the same wiith the  corporate clients of Udemy, with the Instructor earning his 97% of the revenue stream, provided the corporate student took the course using the Instructor's link? 

Would be greateful for your prompt insights.

Kind regards, Dillyara

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Go to solution

Many thanks, Eliana, for a prompt reply and for confirming my assumption. I now have got cleaer understanding with regard to a 24 hours time period. 

Kind regards and have a bright day/evening!

View solution in original post

FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

A more direct answer to your question is here.

But it's irrelevant, as your new course is not part of the Udemy Business catalog. Business clients only see a much smaller, curated catalog. Your course will only be included if it fills an unmet need by their clients, and your course meets certain criteria for its reviews and such.

So, the only way for people inside organizations that subscribe to UB to consume your course would be via the marketplace, where they would have to pay for it themselves.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @DILLYARA I'm happy to help! When someone visits your course with the referral code in the URL once, that triggers an event for us. We store this event on our back end, and if the student purchases your course within 24 hours, the sale is attributed to you.

So in summary, instructor-generated traffic for a course is attributed to the instructor if the purchase happens within 24 hours of the original click or if the coupon code is applied to any window, regardless of what other activities the student undertakes on the site. 

For more information on the revenue share, please check here.

Eliana 

Udemy Community Moderator 

Go to solution

Many thanks, Eliana, for a prompt reply and for confirming my assumption. I now have got cleaer understanding with regard to a 24 hours time period. 

Kind regards and have a bright day/evening!

Go to solution

Hi, @ElianaC

My course got published couple of hours ago! 🙂 So feel quite happy and excited :)!

I would appreciate an additional clarification of the nuance related to the revenue sharing in instances when my prospective student is also a paying corporate client of Udemy.

As shared earlier, some of my prospective students turned out to be the Corporate Udemy clients as well. 

Is my assumption correct that the 24 hours validity of the Instructor's referal link does NOT apply to the corporate clients of Udemy, since they already paid for their annual membership fees? And for me to earn my 97% of the revenue share, it would be sufficient if my prospective student just clicks on my Instrcutor's referal link.

Is this a correct thinking? 

Would be eager to receive your feedback so that I know what to advise to my students. 

Best regard,

Dillyara 

Go to solution

Hi,  @ElianaC, you must be busy or out of the offcie, as usuall you reply promtly... 

Can anyone please advise on the nuance as to how the instructor's REFERRAL LINK works with UDEMY Corporate, membership paying, clients? Is understadning correct that it is sufficient for such client, who also happens to be my prospective student, to just click my Referral Link and to at least start the course, for me to get allocated 97% of my revenue share.

Does this sound rigth?

Would really appreciate experienced instructors or UDEMY folks to clarify or confirm. 

Best, Dillyara 

ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @DILLYARA Sorry for the late reply. Congratulations on getting your course approved. We can confirm that the referral link will always direct a user to the course landing page on the marketplace, regardless of whether they are signed in to their learner account or not.

That being said Udemy Business learners have to manually search for the course within the UB course selection. If the course is available in the Personal Plan, users will see an option to sign up for Personal Plan on the Course Landing Page.  We want to highlight the revenue share when learners sign up for the Personal Plan after discovering the subscription through an instructor coupon or referral link.

So basically, if your course gets into the Udemy Business Collection, the 97% revenue does not apply since this revenue is calculated differently.  

If you have any more questions, please send an email to our support team. To contact the team, please open the help center article here and click “Contact Us” on the right.

Eliana 

Udemy Community Moderator

Go to solution

Thanks, @ElianaC for your reply. Yes, I am aware of the diffent pay and the revenue sharing structure if an instructor has been pre-qualified to join the the Udemy business subscription program. 

Frank's additional reply helped me actually remember of those pre-qualification requirements as well, which completely addressed my querry. 

I wonder, if you could help answer my another Referral Link related querry that I asked in a different post , which relates to exploring an option to remove the 24hour time bar of the referral link validity.  In the post, I offer some rationale for such a suggestion. And i wonder if that makes sense. Thus far, if does to me..), based on the information i have at hand...

Thanks,

Dillyara

FrankKane
Community Champion

Go to solution

A more direct answer to your question is here.

But it's irrelevant, as your new course is not part of the Udemy Business catalog. Business clients only see a much smaller, curated catalog. Your course will only be included if it fills an unmet need by their clients, and your course meets certain criteria for its reviews and such.

So, the only way for people inside organizations that subscribe to UB to consume your course would be via the marketplace, where they would have to pay for it themselves.

Go to solution

Thank you, @FrankKane for this direct and concise response. Yes, it makes sense, since my course is indeed not a part of the corporate client's business catalog yet...:) 

Well, then at least I have got another tool - the coupon to share with my networks then :). 

Thanks again and have a great day! 

FrankKane
Community Champion

Go to solution

If you can convince the corporate clients you are in contact with to explicitly request your course from Udemy, it might help.

Go to solution

I may, perhaps, try doing so in the future..)

But at this phase of my course life, I'd better use their time to review my course vs. having them spend it on multiple internal and external alignments. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors