How to start standing on your feet

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to start standing on your feet

There something I don't like in Udemy, if you are new, you have no courses to publish, all topics have courses already, and even some courses are so old but people will still buy them even if you have better course because that course has a lot of students and reviews.

Any body knows how to break this rule??

1 Reply
LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

The way to break into any market is to produce a better product (course). With the maturing of the online learning market it is important to think differently. You don't have to have the number one course in  category. I have courses that are not best sellers in their category, but still make very good money for me. With the size of the total market expanding, you can have great success without being number one. 

If you are musician, do  you have to have the number one selling album, CD, etc.? No. You can do very well and be successful without that. A writer could look at the number of romance novels for sale now and say, "well there is no way I can compete with those." But every year there are new authors and new musicians who are doing well. The same is true with online courses. 

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors