Launching a beta course + measuring impact

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launching a beta course + measuring impact

Hi I am working on a course - my first one - what would your advice be on these two things I am thinking about;

1. The full course I want to create is quite big and I hope it will be successful but I am thinking of launching a smaller course first of all to check that the core content works well. My idea is to set that up with some free coupons and invite people I know and who they know to trial the course and give me feedback before committing to doing the full one. Has anyone tried this? Does it work? Is there an alternative I could try?

2. What matters most to me is that the course has an impact for the learners and has a measurable change.. Part of the course is a 10 day set of activities with some measurements on mood etc I wanted to collect the scores from the early participants and use this data to make sure the course worked and to refine it to get better results. Has anyone done this and if so do you have any tips?

3. Last one. I want to let people do a diagnostic.. like a self survey to help them decide where in the course would be the best start point based on their needs at that point in time. It does not look like I can do that within Udemy - again anyone done something similar please?

Thank you for your help I am super fired up about this project and want to try and nail it from the get go with something that really has an impact.

Look forward to your thoughts / help / ideas. Andy

1 Reply
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @AndrewHeath Happy to have you here! It depends upon your audience, your competition, and how much time you have available to promote one or multiple courses. You can take a look at some published courses about your topic and check how long their courses are to see if it's worth creating a long course or a short one.

2. What other instructors have done to gather this kind of feedback is offering the course to a targeted audience with a free coupon this way you will get feedback from the audience to make the necessary updates to the course. 

3. Currently, this is not an option now since students need to take the complete course to get the certificate and all the content is available for them.  

I hope this helps and maybe we can get some experienced instructors to jump in 😊.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors