Question about IP: Copyrights and Trademarks my first course

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about IP: Copyrights and Trademarks my first course

Go to solution

Hello Udemy Instructor Community! I have another question that I am very eager to find the answer for. I am about to publish my first course on Udemy. I have some questions about the how others protecting their intellectual properties (i.e., your published online courses).

Q1. As an original course contents creator, do I automatically obtain copyrights so I don't have to worry anything  after publishing my contents (i.e., lecture videos, quizzes, codes, etc.) on Udemy? 

Q2. What are some best practices to prevent and protect your copyrights? Like putting your name and credential on course slides/videos etc.?

Q3. I am curious to know whether other instructors on Udemy register their brand trademarks/copyrights in certain countries like  US Copyright Office or something. It will be great to hear from other experience instructors on this topic.

Thank you very much for reading my msg.

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @datascienceone We completely understand how important it is to safeguard your work and your intellectual property. Regarding your questions, I hope this can help you clarify

1. Instructors retain the rights to all of the content that is placed on Udemy and Udemy is simply the platform through which you deliver the material. You can learn more about it from the instructor's terms.
  2. We've also seen some Instructors putting their credentials/logos/ talking heads in the lectures as a means of displaying their ownership of the content.
  3. Let's bump your case to see if any other instructor has gone through this process.

If you have further questions, please send them to policy@udemy.com and the team will be able to assist you.

Eliana 

Udemy Community Moderator 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @datascienceone We completely understand how important it is to safeguard your work and your intellectual property. Regarding your questions, I hope this can help you clarify

1. Instructors retain the rights to all of the content that is placed on Udemy and Udemy is simply the platform through which you deliver the material. You can learn more about it from the instructor's terms.
  2. We've also seen some Instructors putting their credentials/logos/ talking heads in the lectures as a means of displaying their ownership of the content.
  3. Let's bump your case to see if any other instructor has gone through this process.

If you have further questions, please send them to policy@udemy.com and the team will be able to assist you.

Eliana 

Udemy Community Moderator 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors