my course doesn't appear on google search

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my course doesn't appear on google search

Hey what's up all,

my concern that my course does not appear at all in google search, even if I write the exact name of the course, I did all the needed for the keywords used AI and other extensions and my keywords are fine.
so my udemy course can be found only if you search for it on udemy. 

please note no one yet has bought my course, I have 0 visitors to my landing page, 0 students.

Could you help me please ?

8 Replies
Bessy
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @OdooGuru747 Happy Wednesday! 😊

I’m sorry to hear that your course has no students yet, but no worries, we have a good amount of material about how you can start marketing your courses; please take a moment to watch some webinars we had with our most experienced instructors:

Regarding your course not appearing in Google search, what exactly are you referring to? I searched for it and I got these results:

Bessy_0-1715222399316.png

Let me know if you have other questions.

Best regards, 

Hello Bessy, 

Thanks For the references you have provided, 

I checked most of them and they are very helpful, however here is the current situation. 

It has been around 2 weeks since I published my course, 

First I tried to write exact name of my course on Google it didn't appear, 

Then I made adjustments in my keywords and tried again it has appeared only if I write the exact course name, 

Then I tried to write keywords and after the keywords I write udemy, for example 

"odoo 17 practice tests with answers udemy"

It has appeared. 

But still I want it to be shown without the need to write udemy at the end. 

I thought getting reviews will make a direct impact,  however now I have the best reviews compared to my competitors, and more students than one of them, yet his course appears on Google.

If you search on the udemy platform,  my course appears the first or second, which means the keywords in my course are well included in my title and subtitle and description. 

Hello maximtimeclock@OdooGuru747,

It can be quite challenging to get your course noticed on Google, especially when it’s new and hasn’t gained traction yet.

Avoid using PDFs for your course catalog as search engines can’t read them effectively. Instead, have all the information in HTML format on your website.
Make sure your course titles and descriptions contain relevant keywords and are compelling enough to attract clicks.
A clear and keyword-rich URL can help improve your course’s visibility on search engines.
A well-structured course catalog can help search engines understand and index your content better.
If your course is location-specific, including this information can help you rank for local searches.
Regularly update your site with quality content related to your course topics. This can help establish authority and improve rankings.
While this is a paid option, using Google Ads can help increase visibility quickly and attract potential students to your course.
Make sure your business is verified by Google to improve trust and visibility.
Share your course on social media platforms to increase awareness and drive traffic to your landing page.
Collaborate with influencers in your field to reach a wider audience.

Best Regards,

Thanks For advices,

Here is the current situation, It has been around 2 weeks since I published my course, 

Then I made adjustments in my keywords and tried again it has appeared only if I write the exact course name, 

Then I tried to write keywords and after the keywords I write udemy, for example 

It has appeared. 

I thought getting reviews will make a direct impact,  however now I have the best reviews compared to my competitors, and more students than one of them, yet his course appears on Google

Hey @OdooGuru747 !

Don't worry, after you publish the brand new course it takes some time to appear on the Google search.

It is something normal, the process takes some time.

Please try to find the course after some time, days, or weeks. If nothing shows up, I recommend you contact the support.

I hope it was helpful!

Best Regards,

-Krystian

Thanks Krystian, well it's been around 2 weeks since I published my course, 

It has appeared. 

I thought getting reviews will make a direct impact,  however now I have the best reviews compared to my competitors, and more students than one of the other competitor, yet his course appears on Google.

FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

My SEO knowledge may be out of date, but a few things...

- You have the same exact title as the practice test you're competing with. It's possible Google views this as duplicate content or something and is suppressing it for that reason.

- See if you can get some more links to your course landing page out there. Link to it from blogs, social media, other websites you might have, etc.

- I use DuckDuckGo instead of Google; on there at least you are #5. As your course gains more authority it will probably rank better over time.

- Compare your course landing page to that of your competitor. Are they doing a better job of using the keywords you are searching for?

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the advices, I used AI to check the keywords used by my competitors any by me, to check which is better in terms of keywords and impact, and guess what it says mine is much much better.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!