cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Important your "Welcome" and "Congratulations" Messages Can Be!

Make sure to include a welcome message and congratulations message on each course you create! If you ignore this, you may be missing out on wonderful student engagement opportunities! 

In your welcome message, you can include a guide on how to get started with your course, how to move throughout the course and even where resources are located. I also let students know about community areas where they can post student projects or get in touch with me. 

Also, congrats messages are great ways to talk about next steps in their learning journeys but also letting students know if they would like to review your course, they have that opportunity. You can encourage students to also complete any student projects.

Just a quick thought on how important this little area is in your course creation process is! I ignored it for a long time but just finished up having a personal message for each course. I think it goes a long way in establishing trust between teacher and student. 

Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 11.58.16 AM.png

Author:

@LindsayMarsh 

Version history
Revision #:
2 of 2
Last update:
‎09-23-2022 09:56 AM
Updated by:

Labels (1)
Contributors
Comments
Annyves221

Hello this is very helpful thanks. I am new on udemy and had i not seen this post i would not have considered adding it ....

MarinaT

Hi @Annyves221, thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear it was helpful 😊. We wish you a lot of fun and success on Udemy. Please do not hesitate to start a conversation, in case you have any questions 🙌

RandyMinder

UFB students never see these messages, correct?

MarinaT

Hi @RandyMinder, thank you for following up! UB students see welcome message and completion messages if opted in (default: opt-in). Please let me know if you have additional questions 😊

DeanMizzi942

Great suggestions.  I especially like the congrats idea where you can add suggestions to students and im thinking,  a great time to offer other platforms you have available.