A tech dinosaur's problems with microphones.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A tech dinosaur's problems with microphones.

A long time ago, I was trying to make a course for Udemy, and I bought a lapel microphone, but it wouldn't work, and I don't know why. Recently, I bought what I think is called a yeti microphone but a cheap one for about €50, and the sound quality was poor.  I recorded an introduction video to my course using that microphone, sent it to Udemy for evaluation, and Udemy said it was fine. I don't agree. About a week ago, I bought a Feelworld PM1 microphone, plugged it into my chromebook, but it wouldn't work, and I don't know why. Can anyone tell me the name of a simple microphone that costs no more than about €100 and is easy to use and produces a reasonably good quality audio? I will use Canva to make my videos, at least until I can get enough money to buy better equipment. I will upload my slides to Canva, plug in my microphone. and record the video. Microphones are driving me crazy. Any advice would be welcome.  Thanks in advance. Noel.

1 Reply

The Blue Yeti can be a "noisy" mic that picks up a lot of background noise, especially if you don't have it in cardioid pattern and/or a properly treated recording environment. I'd double-check to make sure you have it in the correct pickup pattern, as well as adjusting the gain on the mic (and your computer) before replacing it.

I use the Samson Q2U, which has been great for me, but here's a thread that has lots of recommended mics:

https://community.udemy.com/t5/Audio-and-video-solutions/Which-microphone-do-you-use/m-p/96024 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.
Top Liked Authors