Can I Purchase one Microphone for multiple uses (talking head + screencast?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I Purchase one Microphone for multiple uses (talking head + screencast?

Hi, I'm new to course creation.  I understand the importance of mics and am looking to make a purchase.  I've read lots of posts about microphones but am unclear on this.

Is it possible for me to purchase a single microphone that serves multiple purposes.  Specifically:

-Record talking heads videos

-Record screencasts

(and anything else I might need)?

For instance, can I purchase a good lapel microphone and use it for both of the above?  Everything I'm reading indicates I need 2 types of mics.

Also, I have a Sony A7R IV that I use for photography that I may use to video the talking heads videos - if that single microphone solution could work with this Sony mirrorless camera that would be awesome.

Thanks for any guidance.  -Justin

2 Replies
LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

@Justin-A  I can't imagine why you couldn't. Mics are not specific to any use. I use the following for everything and it is well worth the money. https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1484178-REG/sony_uwp_d21_14_uwp_d21_camera_mount_wireless_omn...

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor
LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

@Justin-A  I can't imagine why you couldn't. Mics are not specific to any use. I use the following for everything and it is well worth the money. https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1484178-REG/sony_uwp_d21_14_uwp_d21_camera_mount_wireless_omn...

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.