cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

I Switched From Blue Yeti to Audio-Technica AT2040USB

Hi everyone,

I was in an online meeting with an audio guy who utterly trashed my Blue Yeti condenser mic, arguing that dynamic microphones capture way less external noise.  The problem is that dynamic microphones include complex cabling and a USB interface box - who wants to deal with all that?  Besides, I'd paid $100 for a Kaotica Eyeball foam ball to go over my Blue Yeti.

Then I came upon the Audio-Technica 2400USB which is basically that standard 2400 microphone with a USB interface bolted to the end of it.  Just plug and play.

The 2400USB is so quiet compared to the Blue Yeti.  I will never go back.  I think the Audio-Technica mic is about 1.5 times more expensive, but it's worth it (and no need for an expensive Kaotica Eyeball).

I'll see you in the classroom,

---Brian

1 Reply

Hi 👋 @Anonymous 

I have a vintage Audio-Technica that has served me well. Wasn’t a lot and I got it circa 2019. Not sure the model number, and I would never trash someone’s Yeti. It’s all about how well it performs, not the brand. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.
Top Liked Authors