Issues with Video Playback

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Video Playback

Hey everyone, 

Has anyone been running into issues with video playback from your students?

My course has been live on Udemy for over a year and a half with no issues until about 2 weeks ago. 

Now random video lectures are getting the spinning wheel of death for multiple students. 

I've been able to replicate the issue and it's only fixed when I reupload the file to udemy. 

Then it happens again to other lectures. It's an exhausting game of whack-a-mole. Any idea on how to fix this long term?

2 Replies
Carolina M.
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @EmilyCall813

Thank you for your post and for bringing this to our attention!

In this case, I suggest advising your students to contact our student support team. They are equipped to analyze this situation and investigate any possible patterns, particularly since this issue started recently.

To reach student support, your students should access our Help Center by clicking here. From there, they can find the "Contact Us" button on the right side of the screen. Our team will then provide them with the necessary steps to address this issue.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you!

FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Any chance you and the affected students are watching using Safari? There's been a known issue with video playback on the Safari browser for months now.

All you can really do for now is to advise people to use a different browser.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.
Top Liked Authors