First course published! - Constructive feedback / suggestions needed!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First course published! - Constructive feedback / suggestions needed!

Go to solution

Hello everyone! 

I'm a new instructor who just published the first course! Do you have any pointers and/or suggestions to engage more people to enroll in my course? It's called "Backend Web Development Certification (PHP)".  Is there anything more that I can do to find students?  

I already shared the course with my local network of friends and family. 

I'd appreciate some insight on this! Thank you for your time!

Best regards! 🙂 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Congrats on your launch!

Is this course intended to help students pass a specific industry-standard certification exam, or is the "certification" passing your own test at the end of the course? If the former, indicating the specific test it's intended for in the title and description would probably yield more search traffic.

I don't know when you published it, but it does take a few days for new courses to make it into Udemy's search index and promotions. Sometimes you just have to give it time.

Also web development is a highly competitive category on Udemy; a 2-hour course is going to find it challenging to go up against existing courses with hundreds of hours of content. Make sure your course is differentiating itself from the top-sellers in your category somehow.

Finally I'd recommend taking a course on Udemy SEO; I've found those efforts yield many more students in the long run than trying to promote your course yourself.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Congrats on your launch!

Is this course intended to help students pass a specific industry-standard certification exam, or is the "certification" passing your own test at the end of the course? If the former, indicating the specific test it's intended for in the title and description would probably yield more search traffic.

I don't know when you published it, but it does take a few days for new courses to make it into Udemy's search index and promotions. Sometimes you just have to give it time.

Also web development is a highly competitive category on Udemy; a 2-hour course is going to find it challenging to go up against existing courses with hundreds of hours of content. Make sure your course is differentiating itself from the top-sellers in your category somehow.

Finally I'd recommend taking a course on Udemy SEO; I've found those efforts yield many more students in the long run than trying to promote your course yourself.

Go to solution

Hey Frank!

Thank you for taking the time replying to my post. This course is my own "certification" for taking PHP, so it's not an industry specific standard related. I should probably modify the title to get more search hits and be patient. That was a great point of yours!

I'll also engage to the Udemy SEO course you mentioned, should be really helpful in the long run! Thanks for the feedback and the great advice. 

Best regards! 😄 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors