Custom Price Coupons

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Price Coupons

I'm new here and I'm a little confused about the coupon. For example, after creating the course, I created a long-term special price coupon for my YouTube viewers. If the discount offered by Udemy on any holiday is much lower than my discount, at what price will my YouTube viewers buy my course at this time?

For example: The price of my course is 129 dollars. My long-term discount I created is 39 dollars. However, Udemy offers the course for sale for 12 dollars during discount times. "I don't want my YouTube viewers to lynch me when they buy a course for 39 dollars with the coupon I created and then see that the course is for 12 dollars. In other words, I want it to be sold for 39 dollars when there is no discount and for 12 dollars on discount days.

Is this how it works when we create a special coupon or how does it work?

3 Replies
Bessy
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @AsgarMollayev Thank you for asking! 😊

This custom price coupon creates a longer-lasting offer for a price you pick from the range displayed. 

For instructors in Udemy’s Deals Program, the lower bound of this range will be similar to (but not necessarily lower than) the price Udemy would offer a given student at the time you create the coupon.

Example: If Udemy is generally selling your course between $14.99 and $19.99 during promotions, the lowest price you could set with a "Custom Price" coupon might be $16.99.

You can see this and more information about it in this article

Hi @Bessy  Thank you very much for your answer. Yes I know that 🙂

Hi @Bessy 

Could you clarify where I can find the $14.99 and $19.99 range for my courses?
Basically we want to generate Custom Price codes for our audience outside this limited range.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors