Feedback requested for "Quick Win: Learn to do the one-minute, three-breath meditation"

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback requested for "Quick Win: Learn to do the one-minute, three-breath meditation"

Hi, all.

Here's a review draft of the second video in my forthcoming Mastering the Art of Balance course.

This one is didactic - teaching a quick win. I'd appreciate feedback on both the style and content - what was interesting, what was not, what worked technically, what was distracting or confusing, and any suggestions for improvements that would have made it more appealing to you.

I shot the video several months ago, so I'm mostly looking for feedback on how the editing works, such as when and how I zoom, add graphics, add sounds, and also whether the content seems engaging.

Though the lecture teaches a technique that lasts only a minute, it's about 5 minutes long.

Here are links to the video on YouTube and Vimeo.

https://youtu.be/eGWSSD41C18

https://vimeo.com/358583424

You can leave comments there or respond to this post, as you wish and as you have time.

Thanks a bunch!

- David

4 Replies
AliciaPaz
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

I watched on YouTube, quality is top-notch and the idea of a "quick win" I think will work great for online learning, students want simple and tangible things they can take with them with little effort initially.  You have a natural, knowledgeable and light-hearted style/personality.  I also have belly breathing in my course and like your video and explanation better! 

The zooming in/out I found a bit distracting but nothing major and for most of my students (who are likely the "type" of students you will have) typically listen-only over watch the video.  The belly breathing exercise was a little fast for me personally.  Also, the length is great, examples as well are fabulous. The last thing, I like the ending "see you in the next lecture" I use similar wording and find it engaging and in some ways a call to action to continue with the course for students. 

9.5/10 

Alicia Paz M.A, QMHP

I thought it was great. I have watched a lot of course previews during my research and I would put yours as amongst the best - for visual, audio, delivery style and content. 

I am impressed with your blue background. I am experimenting to get a nice blue shade for the future. 

LL

Thank you! I do feel as if I'm getting the hang of it, though it's taken a long time. I picked blue because it seems to have a positive effect on people, like looking at the sky. My office is a similar color. 

Thanks, Alicia. I'm feeling pretty validated right now, and gung ho to knock this course out. I much appreciate your feedback.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!