Free Masterclass

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Masterclass

Hi everyone, I am new here. I joined Udemy to offer a free masterclass. It's one video, 52 minutes long. I am being shown that I need to have a minimum of 5 lectures in order to create this free offer. Can anyone please provide some insight as to how to move around that or what I can do to simply offer one free masterclass? Thank you!

8 Replies
Bessy
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Mothers_Mary Welcome to the Community!  😊

We‘re glad to hear you want to create a course. There are minimum requirements a course must have for it to be published on the Udemy platform, as you mentioned, you need to create 5 lectures which is the minimum required and there is no way for this requirement to be overridden. 

You might want to take a look at our official and free Udemy courses, which will help you with getting started on Udemy.

Best regards, 

Thank you for the reply. The link you sent doesn't help at this point. I really just wanted to know if there was any way at all to upload a one hour masterclass in that format and offer it for free on this platform. 

LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Why would you think that a 52 minute free course is a "masterclass." That rather perverts the language. 

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

I'm not sure what you mean by "that rather perverts the language" Masterclasses are anywhere from 60-90 minutes. 

LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

That is a short course, not a masterclass, which implies a course that is comprehensive. Most courses that call themselves a masterclass are closer to thirty hours and above. 

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

Not from what I have learned over the last 5 years of course creating. But thank you anyways.

Hi @Mothers_Mary 

I would split your video, in sensible places, into at least the 5 videos needed. 

Each video should ideally deal with a single topic.

Phillip

Thank you, this could work! It's just rather annoying as the masterclass is already done and works great as is. I just wanted to host it on another platform. Having to edit/create it a different way isn't what I was expecting 😜

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors