Link

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link

Go to solution

Hello All,

I created my courses on Udemy with pricing and then my website using the Udemy course referral links attached to enrollment button on the website.

When I select the enroll now button on my website it takes me directly into my course on Udemy, bypassing the payment section required to gain access to the course.

So why does the referral link take me directly into the course, bypassing purchase for the course first?

I appreciate any clarification on this issue!

Christine

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

If you are still logged in, Udemy is smart enough to know it's your course and you don't need to pay. Try your link from an "incognito* browser window or after logging out to see how it behaves for a new learner.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

If you are still logged in, Udemy is smart enough to know it's your course and you don't need to pay. Try your link from an "incognito* browser window or after logging out to see how it behaves for a new learner.

Go to solution

I was hoping that's what was going on. Thank you for responding Frank, I appreciate it. 

Go to solution

It appears that when you click the "Enroll Now" button, which is linked to your Udemy course, you are taken directly to the course itself without encountering the payment section. This is indeed unusual, as the typical flow should include the course's payment gateway before granting access.

There are a couple of possible explanations for this:

1. Logged-In Session: If you are already logged into your Udemy account (especially with an instructor account), the system might recognize you as the course creator and thus bypass the payment step. Try accessing the link from an incognito browser window or a different device where you're not logged into Udemy to see if the issue persists.

2. Link Configuration: Ensure that the referral link you're using is correctly set up. It should direct new users to the course landing page where they can see the course price and purchase options. If the link is incorrectly configured, it might skip these steps.

To resolve this, I recommend the following steps:

• Test the Link: Use different devices and browsers, ensuring you're not logged into Udemy, to test the link.
  • Review Link Setup: Double-check the referral link setup on your website. Ensure it points to the course landing page on Udemy and not directly to the course content.
  • Contact Udemy Support: If the issue remains unresolved, it would be best to reach out to Udemy’s support team. They can provide more detailed insights and technical support specific to your account and course setup.

I hope this helps in diagnosing the issue. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors