I've created 1.5-hour video. How can I use this video for my 1st course?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've created 1.5-hour video. How can I use this video for my 1st course?

I have a full video that talks about marketing with a decent design and has nothing to change, lasting 1.5 hours. However, Udemy requires that the minimum standards a course must have for it to be published on the Udemy platform: At least 5 separate lectures. I am so confused as I have only 1 video. How can I solve this? Do I have to split this video into small pieces (Which I totally do not want to do as the video is perfect)? Please help me !!!!

2 Replies
MarinaT
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @PhamvuThaov350

How exciting that you want to publish a course on Udemy!😊

As your course needs to have at least 30 minutes of video content and 5 lectures, you will have to split the 1.5-hour video to meet the course requirements. Otherwise, you won't be able to submit your course for review.

I hope this clarifies it. Please let me know if you have additional questions. 

Hi Marina,

We are a company providing business development services to clients in VN. We would love to use Udemy to see if we can get in touch with potential clients.

We have a complete 100% ready online video training:
- 7 sessions of about 90 min
- each session follows up on the previous one
- we want to give  session 1 for free so people will get to know us and see the value that we're providing
- then we want to sell 3 separate parts: session 2+3 as 1 part, session 4+5 as 2nd part and session 6+7 as 3rd part

- all videos are 100% edited, with a very professional overview and content, we can't change them anymore.

Can we offer them like this?

If not, please provide detailed info on how to do it, since we're new on this platform and it's very difficult for us to understand how to start providing courses here.

Besides, I still don't understand. What is Udemy's definition of a 'lecture'? 
Can you explain more?

Thank you very much for your reply.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors