Is splitting up a course into multiple separate ones a good idea?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is splitting up a course into multiple separate ones a good idea?

Hello,

I have a course that I'm working on for game programming. The core is focused on intermediate developers, however, there are parts that are more advanced.  

I've seen some other similar courses that split up the game into multiple courses. There is a core course that covers the base learning, then other smaller ones that add features to the existing core.

At the beginning of the addon courses, they provide the completed assets as well as a video walkthrough needed to follow along in case you didn't enroll in the initial course.

Is this a good idea? It makes sense since the above courses I mentioned are the best-sellers in their field covering a massive game genre (RPGs) whereas mine is way smaller yet still covers some advanced topics.

What are some tips or things to look out for if I do split up my course?

Thank you!

1 Reply
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @blacy1551 Happy to provide an insight! Game programming or game design is a crowded topic at Udemy, you can notice this by searching "game" and you will get 10 thousand of courses about this topic. So, splitting up a course depends on your needs and your audience too, in a crowded topic you need to stand out and you can do it by offering a complete course that offers everything for your learners. Maybe you can get some comments from your fellows. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors