Submit for Review: Content needed for each lecture

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Submit for Review: Content needed for each lecture

Go to solution

I uploaded 8 hours of video, with supporting documents.  Each lecture has content.  But not every lecture has a video.  A few lectures have a handout or a link.  But again, every lecture has content.  When I "Submit for Review" I get this message saying that every lecture needs content.  What's going on?  Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ScottDuffy
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

There is no concept of a lecture "only having" a link or a download. It must have a video or article, too.

Create an article lecture that says, "Check out the resource section for the download." Or better yet, put the download alongside an actual lecture.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Bessy
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @JohnMacGreg239 Happy Thursday! 😊

When you create a lecture you need to select the type of content you want to add to it. 

The types of lectures are Article, Mash-up, and video, please make sure you choose the right one for the type of content you have.

You can learn more in this article

Let me know if you have additional questions! 

Go to solution

Thank you Bessy for your quick reply.  Are you saying that every lecture must be an Article, Mash-up, or video?  What if it's just written copy by me?  Or a link to a YT video with discussion questions in the description?  Or a document I upload?  

Go to solution

And also, is there a way for me to know which lectures are lacking "Content"

ScottDuffy
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

There is no concept of a lecture "only having" a link or a download. It must have a video or article, too.

Create an article lecture that says, "Check out the resource section for the download." Or better yet, put the download alongside an actual lecture.

Go to solution

Thanks Scott!  

Let me elaborate and really 'dummy' this down for people.  Correct me if I'm wrong

When you create a "Curriculum Item" - in my case all of mine are a "Lecture" 

1. First thing is to "+Curriculum Item"

2. Then choose what you want to offer: Lecture, Quize, Coding...etc.  

3. For me, they were all "Lecture"

4.  Enter a title

5. Then click "+Content"

6. This is where I went wrong...you must choose one of the three options:  Video or Video and Slide Mashup or Article.  This is where I went wrong for those Curriculum Items that were NOT videos. 

7. For most of my "Content" I uploaded a video.  That was all I needed and therefore that was easy.  But if you do not have a video or slides for a particular Lecture and you simply have written verbiage such as an exercise, you must select "Article".  I was under the impression that "Article" required you to submit a PDF or an actual link to an article.  Not so.  If you just have a Lecture telling people, as an example, "reflect on what you've learned so far" you still must select "Article" .  Then fill in  the details of the "Article".  That counts as "Content"  Of course you can add additional resources if need be, such as links or documents. But you must select one of three first for it to qualify as "Content"

8. My mistake was, if I added a new "Curriculum" item, chose "Lecture" and included the lesson in "Description" then that would suffice as "Content".  Not the case.  You must include your content in one of those three initial things - Video, Video and Slide Mashup, or Article.  

9. So after I figured this out and realized that 5 of my lessons were not in accordance with this, I had to re-do those over again.  I couldn't figure out a way to revise them.  I had to redo them.  I had to "Add Curriculum Item" - redo that Lecture and them delete my original one.  It wasn't hard because much of it was simply a cut and paste of what I had already written to create my new approved Lecture.  

I hope that helps.  And please correct me if I'm wrong

Go to solution

If you're receiving a message stating that every lecture needs content when you try to submit your course for review on Udemy, it means that the platform requires each lecture to have at least one type of content, such as a video, a document, or a link, in order to be considered complete.

Even though you mentioned that all your lectures have content, it's possible that the content you provided for some lectures is not recognized as a valid form of content by the Udemy platform. Make sure that each lecture contains at least one video, document, or link to meet the requirements.

To resolve this issue, you have a few options:

1. Add Videos: If you have lectures that are currently missing videos but have other content, consider creating and uploading a video for each of those lectures. Videos are the primary form of content on Udemy, and having at least one video per lecture is strongly recommended.

2. Add Documents: If you have lectures that don't contain videos, consider adding supporting documents, such as handouts, slides, or supplementary materials, to those lectures. These documents should provide valuable information or resources related to the lecture topic.

3. Add Links: If you have lectures that are intended to direct students to external resources or websites, make sure to include a relevant link within the lecture content. This way, students can access the additional information you want to provide.

Remember to review Udemy's guidelines and requirements for course content to ensure that your course meets their standards. If you're still encountering difficulties or receiving the same error message after adding content to each lecture, it's best to reach out to Udemy's support team for further assistance. They can provide specific guidance and help resolve any issues you may be facing.

I hope this helps you resolve the issue and successfully submit your course for review. Best of luck with your course on Udemy!

Best regards

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors