Tax submission form for foreign instructor

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax submission form for foreign instructor

Hi, I need help. I've just published first course and udemy ask me to submit tax info. I don't have foreign TIN. I'm from Thailand and only use my ID numbet for tax report. When I submit the form I don't know what I do wrong, it doesn't go through.

2 Replies
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Danie For non-U.S. instructors, your TIN will be the taxpayer identification number issued by your local government. The Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) provides a helpful page (in English) that details the names and formats that various countries use as TINs.

The Udemy tax form platform uses the country you enter to pre-format your TIN. However, it’s possible that your TIN format may not perfectly match your country’s standard TIN format. If that’s the case, simply check the box for “TIN format non-standard” and enter your TIN. 

If this doesn't work, please reach out to our support team to contact the team, please open the help center article here and click “Contact Us” on the right.

Eliana 

Udemy Community Moderator 

I faced the same issue and have contacted the support. However, they don't give me a direct solution. They only ask me to read the IRS instructions and general information about tax from Udemy. They can't give tax advice. They also ask me to consult a tax expert.

I have read through all the information but I still can't find what goes wrong. It is not practical to hire an expert that cost me about $1000 just to earn a few hundred bucks from Udemy. Ended up problem is not solved unless you hire an expert to solve the problem.

Now nothing is solved. My payment is suspended. I received reminder email from Udemy to file my tax documentation but it didn't get through although I have tried multiple times. My pay will continue to get suspended till a period of time where my courses will be delisted from Udemy and my pay will be sent to authority.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors