creating a course using chatgpt on mobile phone

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating a course using chatgpt on mobile phone

Go to solution

I'm beginner and I would like to create complete course "how to use chatgpt for different use cases" to maximize productivity and I would like to create this course using mobile phone and screen recorder.

Can you please give me detailed information for this course creation idea 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
MarkLassoff
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

There is plenty of detailed information in this instructors' community if you use the search community feature.  

There's also plenty of information on the Udemy Teaching Center.  After reviewing those resources, I'd encourage you to post your questions here.

Mark Lassoff

View solution in original post

Robin_Slee
Community Champion

Go to solution

Here's a step-by-step guide on how to do this using just your mobile phone and a screen recorder. This plan will help you cover the basics, explore specific use cases, and effectively share your knowledge with your audience.

1. Planning the Course Content

Define the Objectives:

• What do you want your audience to learn?
  • How can they apply ChatGPT to enhance their productivity in different areas?

Outline the Course:

• Introduction to ChatGPT: Basics of what ChatGPT is and its capabilities.
  • Setting Up ChatGPT: How to access and use ChatGPT on different devices.
  • Use Case Modules: Each module should focus on a specific use case like research, writing assistance, coding help, language learning, etc.
  • Advanced Tips: Share tips on maximizing output quality, handling errors, and personalizing interactions.
  • Practical Demonstrations: Walkthroughs showing how to interact with ChatGPT effectively.
  • Q&A Section: Common questions and troubleshooting tips.

2. Preparing the Course Material

Script Writing:

• Write a detailed script for each section to ensure clarity and thoroughness.
  • Include potential questions and how to answer them using ChatGPT.

Visual Aids:

• Prepare slides or graphics to highlight key points.
  • Plan screen captures that show step-by-step processes.

3. Recording the Course

Choosing a Screen Recorder:

• Select a reliable screen recording app for your mobile device (like AZ Screen Recorder, DU Recorder, or the built-in iOS screen recording tool).
  • Ensure it can capture both video and audio clearly.

Setting Up Your Phone:

• Ensure your phone is in Do Not Disturb mode to avoid interruptions.
  • Use a stable stand or holder to keep the phone steady while recording.

Recording Tips:

• Record in a quiet environment to ensure audio clarity.
  • Speak clearly and pace your delivery to aid understanding.
  • Record in segments to make editing easier later.

4. Editing and Assembling the Course

Using Mobile Editing Apps:

• Use apps like InShot, Kinemaster, or Adobe Premiere Rush to edit your videos.
  • Trim, splice, and clean up your footage to create smooth transitions.
  • Add intros, outros, and overlay text for professionalism.

Adding Visuals and Audio:

• Insert your prepared slides and graphics as needed.
  • Consider background music or sound effects to enhance viewer engagement (ensure you have the rights to use the music).

5. Publishing and Promoting the Course

Choosing a Platform:

• Decide where to host your course—YouTube, Udemy, Skillshare, or your own website.
  • Consider the monetization model if applicable (subscription, one-time fee, ad-supported).

Promotion Strategies:

• Use social media platforms to share snippets and promote the course.
  • Engage with potential learners through forums, blog posts, and online communities.

Collecting Feedback:

• After releasing your course, ask for feedback to understand what works and what can be improved.
  • Use this feedback to refine the course and potentially create more advanced follow-up courses.

6. Legal and Ethical Considerations

• Make sure to follow OpenAI’s usage policies when demonstrating ChatGPT.
  • Cite sources correctly if you use external information or materials.

Following these steps, you should be able to create a comprehensive, engaging, and educational course on maximizing productivity with ChatGPT, all from your mobile device!

HOWEVER..... You need to understand the Udemy Requirements for video submissions. Of note, would be the aspect ratio. A mobile screen will not fill the students screen completely, leading to black lines. (Go research this in the help). Screen recordings are typically not as enjoyable, if there is no mouse pointer to direct the viewers attention. Also, consider how you are going to edit your videos. How are you gong to overlay information? How are you going to narrate your teachings? etc.

There are many factors to creating learning materials, that deliver not only content but value. I think your course idea is a good idea. But I also think that you may need to dig a little deeper into Udemy requirements first. An absolute must - is to submit a test video and see if it will be accepted.

I hope this helps? If it does, then give it a like, so I know that my 24 minutes was not wasted 😉

Kind regards, Robin.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MarkLassoff
Community Champion

Go to solution

There is plenty of detailed information in this instructors' community if you use the search community feature.  

There's also plenty of information on the Udemy Teaching Center.  After reviewing those resources, I'd encourage you to post your questions here.

Mark Lassoff
Robin_Slee
Community Champion

Go to solution

Here's a step-by-step guide on how to do this using just your mobile phone and a screen recorder. This plan will help you cover the basics, explore specific use cases, and effectively share your knowledge with your audience.

1. Planning the Course Content

Define the Objectives:

• What do you want your audience to learn?
  • How can they apply ChatGPT to enhance their productivity in different areas?

Outline the Course:

• Introduction to ChatGPT: Basics of what ChatGPT is and its capabilities.
  • Setting Up ChatGPT: How to access and use ChatGPT on different devices.
  • Use Case Modules: Each module should focus on a specific use case like research, writing assistance, coding help, language learning, etc.
  • Advanced Tips: Share tips on maximizing output quality, handling errors, and personalizing interactions.
  • Practical Demonstrations: Walkthroughs showing how to interact with ChatGPT effectively.
  • Q&A Section: Common questions and troubleshooting tips.

2. Preparing the Course Material

Script Writing:

• Write a detailed script for each section to ensure clarity and thoroughness.
  • Include potential questions and how to answer them using ChatGPT.

Visual Aids:

• Prepare slides or graphics to highlight key points.
  • Plan screen captures that show step-by-step processes.

3. Recording the Course

Choosing a Screen Recorder:

• Select a reliable screen recording app for your mobile device (like AZ Screen Recorder, DU Recorder, or the built-in iOS screen recording tool).
  • Ensure it can capture both video and audio clearly.

Setting Up Your Phone:

• Ensure your phone is in Do Not Disturb mode to avoid interruptions.
  • Use a stable stand or holder to keep the phone steady while recording.

Recording Tips:

• Record in a quiet environment to ensure audio clarity.
  • Speak clearly and pace your delivery to aid understanding.
  • Record in segments to make editing easier later.

4. Editing and Assembling the Course

Using Mobile Editing Apps:

• Use apps like InShot, Kinemaster, or Adobe Premiere Rush to edit your videos.
  • Trim, splice, and clean up your footage to create smooth transitions.
  • Add intros, outros, and overlay text for professionalism.

Adding Visuals and Audio:

• Insert your prepared slides and graphics as needed.
  • Consider background music or sound effects to enhance viewer engagement (ensure you have the rights to use the music).

5. Publishing and Promoting the Course

Choosing a Platform:

• Decide where to host your course—YouTube, Udemy, Skillshare, or your own website.
  • Consider the monetization model if applicable (subscription, one-time fee, ad-supported).

Promotion Strategies:

• Use social media platforms to share snippets and promote the course.
  • Engage with potential learners through forums, blog posts, and online communities.

Collecting Feedback:

• After releasing your course, ask for feedback to understand what works and what can be improved.
  • Use this feedback to refine the course and potentially create more advanced follow-up courses.

6. Legal and Ethical Considerations

• Make sure to follow OpenAI’s usage policies when demonstrating ChatGPT.
  • Cite sources correctly if you use external information or materials.

Following these steps, you should be able to create a comprehensive, engaging, and educational course on maximizing productivity with ChatGPT, all from your mobile device!

HOWEVER..... You need to understand the Udemy Requirements for video submissions. Of note, would be the aspect ratio. A mobile screen will not fill the students screen completely, leading to black lines. (Go research this in the help). Screen recordings are typically not as enjoyable, if there is no mouse pointer to direct the viewers attention. Also, consider how you are going to edit your videos. How are you gong to overlay information? How are you going to narrate your teachings? etc.

There are many factors to creating learning materials, that deliver not only content but value. I think your course idea is a good idea. But I also think that you may need to dig a little deeper into Udemy requirements first. An absolute must - is to submit a test video and see if it will be accepted.

I hope this helps? If it does, then give it a like, so I know that my 24 minutes was not wasted 😉

Kind regards, Robin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!