Course Review Algorithm has Changed?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Course Review Algorithm has Changed?

Hey guys.

I have noticed a change in the behavior of my course grading, even though I haven't received any reviews recently.

My course evaluation grade has been dropping several points every day, even without receiving new evaluations.

My course has 17 ratings.

14 Reviews are 5 stars;
2 Reviews are 4.5 stars;
1 Review is 2.5 stars (which brought down my course grade).

In the leaderboard:

82% of reviews are 5 stars;
12% of reviews are 4 stars;
6% of reviews are 2 stars.

My current course rating is 4.56 (very low according to the stars I got in the reviews I received).

If I had received 5 stars out of the 17 reviews I have, I would have gotten 85 stars.
By all accounts, I received 77 stars out of a possible 85, which is equivalent to having received more than 90% of the possible stars in evaluation so far.

I can't understand why my course has a rating of 4.56 (and it's getting lower and lower, even without receiving any other rating).

Soon, even with several super positive reviews, my course will end up with a grade below 4.5.

Disheartening.

2 Replies

It can be disheartening to see your course rating decrease despite the overwhelmingly positive reviews you have received.

ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Brunolacerda Thanks for your question! The course rating is a weighted average of your course reviews in the last 90 days. Some reviews are more helpful than others, so we weigh reviews with more written feedback, from students who consumed more of the course, etc. more than reviews with no feedback or from a student who only took a few minutes of your course. If you would like to have more details about this, please reach out to the Support team they will be able to check your account. To contact the team, please open the help center article here and click “Contact Us” on the right side.

I hope this helps!

Eliana 

Udemy Community Moderator 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.
Top Liked Authors