Udemy dont load 1920x1080 resolution

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Udemy dont load 1920x1080 resolution

Hi, my name is Santiago, i have simple question

Rigth now my videos have a 1920x1080 resolution, but when i load it in Udemy, only appear a resolution of 720, someone know what happend. Thanks

7 Replies
GrahamNicholls
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Hey @Castao 

My understanding is that you can upload at 1080 but it will only ever playback at 720 for bandwidth reasons. I always upload at 1080 as well so that I give my students the best chance a quality video.

I hope that helps.

Anonymous
Not applicable

As an instructor, you need to contact support and ask them to enable adaptive streaming on all your courses. It's a ridiculous thing to have to do, but it is what it is.

Hi @Castao, Udemy employs an “Adaptive Streaming” player for course videos. This option is not yet available for all Udemy courses, but we’re always happy to enable it by instructor request.

When enabled, it means that students can choose an “Auto” streaming option for the course video. With this Auto option, 1080p streaming is possible, if the student has the streaming capability and necessary screen size to take advantage of 1080p. Once your course is published, feel free to reach out to instructorsupport@udemy.com so that our team can enable this or you.

Hope this helps!

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Abbie Can you provide the reasoning for why this isn't enabled by default?

Hey @Anonymous, I’m not sure but I’ve passed your question to the relevant team and will provide more info soon.

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.

Hey @Anonymous, thanks for your patience here. In the past, we automatically encoded videos to enable adaptive streaming once a course is published. However, a few months ago, we decided to pause this while our team worked on making the technical aspects of the adaptive streaming encoding more efficient, alongside other improvements to this streaming experience.

I can't promise a timeline for when this will be automatically enabled for newly published courses again, but we're continuing to invest in the adaptive streaming player and the encoding process because we know it's valuable to optimize the video resolution based on the students' bandwidth.

I know it's an extra step for instructors to reach out to our support team to request that it's enabled, but we're ready to help whenever you need it.

Hope that helps you better understand the situation!

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audio and video solutions
Figure out how to create the best audio and visual set-up for your price point and skill level. This is a great place to chat about different mics, green screens, video editing software, and more.