Assignment or quiz

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assignment or quiz

Hi all, 

I would like to create an exercise for my students. 

It involves them giving 10 examples of a particular item. e.g. give me 10 kinds of fruit. 

I could see this possible as a or an assignment.  What would you say is the best way of representing this?

3 Replies
Bessy
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Chris76x2 thank you for asking!😊

The best option will be create an assignment, you can create various questions for students to answer regarding the course concepts. In addition, you can upload instructions and solutions in video format, share downloadable resources, and provide feedback on learners’ completed assignments. 

You can check this article to learn more about it.

Bessy
Udemy Community Moderator

HI Chris, 

are you particularly looking for a solution like an app how to get this done? 

I see two feasible options. 

1/ you ask your students to name 10 fruits, then they submit the answers to you. You will need to check the answers one-by-one and give feedback. This is a personal approach; however, if the pass rate is a prerequisite to move forward in your course, it might take time and students don't like to get stuck waiting for your reply. So you might do an assignment that you check personally but passing it is not a prerequisite to continue in the course. 

2/ you may give an assignment where you list a bunch of things, for example: table, strawberry, cumin, fan, etc and ask the students to pick/mark the ones depicting a fruit. Then on the next slide you may show the solution. 

This method is faster, but the student will not get in touch with you personally. 

Hope this helps, 

Edith  

Thanks for your reply. I have not created a plan for students wanting to check for answers or requesting feedback. This would be a problem if I had a large number of students at one time. I will certainly have to consider this in the assignment and overall course design. 

How do other instructors manage this situation? 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors