Can assigments be without any solutions/answers?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can assigments be without any solutions/answers?

Go to solution

Hello, dear instructors! 

I am about to submit my very 1st course for a review...ufff....) but I've got stuck with publishing the very first course assignment.. ☹ and would appreciate you help on how to tackle this issue!?

Please see the details of the problem below:

The nature of my first assignment to students is not the knowledge check.

I am asking them to state their intent for taking the course, which implies that I am expecting them to respond and give their answers.

However, Udemy’s system asks me to add the solutions/answers to the question asked of students, as without the answer added, the system does not allow to publish the assignment… ☹.

I would really appreciate your insight on how to tackle this problem.

Best,

Dillyara

=== 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @DILLYARAUnfortunately, there isn't a direct way for students to upload a daily journal to the platform for other students or the teacher to comment on. However, they can still record and audio, create a document and upload it to a different source (Google Drive, Google Docs for example) and submit the external link.

I hope this helps!

Eliana 

Udemy Community Moderator 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Leonor C.
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hello @DILLYARA 

Happy to help! Assignments always need solutions to the questions asked. Here you can see in detail how assignments work and how to create them. Hope this helped!

Kindest regards,

Leonor

Udemy moderator team

Go to solution

Thank you, @Leonor C.  for your promt reply.

Yes, I checked that section before as well. 

Then, is the assumption correct that the assignments or the requests of students to reflect and journal their thoughts can't be "technically' asked, given the system format? 

Or you can suggest another way how this could be achieved, if doable? 

Your insight would help me see how to move forward with this assignment topic. 

Thanks again,

Dillyara 

ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @DILLYARAUnfortunately, there isn't a direct way for students to upload a daily journal to the platform for other students or the teacher to comment on. However, they can still record and audio, create a document and upload it to a different source (Google Drive, Google Docs for example) and submit the external link.

I hope this helps!

Eliana 

Udemy Community Moderator 

Go to solution

Thank you @ElianaC for your feedback and insights! 

Understood that there are system constraints...

We'll then adapt my work flow to a system setup.

Best regards,

Dillyara. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors