How to change the thumbnail image for course chapter video

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the thumbnail image for course chapter video

Go to solution

Hello community,

I'm now in progress of my first course preparation, as below screenshot, I'd like to change the thumbnail image (more attractive images than this first frame of video) to the video I've uploaded per Lecture in every chapters, but cannot find the button or options. 

protege-lec3.png

I saw the similar question raised back in year 2019, not sure whether the feature had already beem implemented somewhere, so would like to consult here again.

Thanks a lot for help,

Xiaoqi

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @XiaoqiZhao Thanks for bringing this question! Unfortunately, this hasn't changed we don't have the option to change the preview images of the video lecture. We have received this feedback previously,  but the feature has not been added. I have alerted the team already about this feature in case this is implemented, we will get back to you. 

Eliana

Udemy Community Moderator 

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to solution

Xiaoqi,

I begin all my lectures with a nice PowerPoint presentation slide presenting the lecture title and a subtitle explaining the lecture contents.  I talk over this in my introduction and then break away to screencast presentations editing the transition out of my video using Camtasia.  The result is standard PowerPoint thumbnails for all my lectures.

Hope this helps,

---Brian

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @XiaoqiZhao Thanks for bringing this question! Unfortunately, this hasn't changed we don't have the option to change the preview images of the video lecture. We have received this feedback previously,  but the feature has not been added. I have alerted the team already about this feature in case this is implemented, we will get back to you. 

Eliana

Udemy Community Moderator 

Go to solution

Thanks @ElianaC  for your quick reply, yes, this is one nice feature that expected and available already in many other video platform, so hope our team can make this happen as soon as possible. 

May you have a nice day!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to solution

Xiaoqi,

I begin all my lectures with a nice PowerPoint presentation slide presenting the lecture title and a subtitle explaining the lecture contents.  I talk over this in my introduction and then break away to screencast presentations editing the transition out of my video using Camtasia.  The result is standard PowerPoint thumbnails for all my lectures.

Hope this helps,

---Brian

Go to solution

Thanks Brian, that's really nice workaround, I'll put the intro page in the beginning of every video then.

Regards,

Xiaoqi

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors