How to select lectures fkr a free view?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to select lectures fkr a free view?

Go to solution

Hi, dear fellow instructors! 

Would appreciate some advice regarding the functionality of Udemy platform with regard to selecting the lectures for a free viewing by students, those lectures, which instructor selects for a sort of course "test drive" to help prospective students to get a feel of tbe course. 

Can you please advise HOW MANY lectures need to be offered for free viewing and

WHERE can i find that function?

Would highly appreciate a prompt feedback!

Best regards,

Dillyara D. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Leonor C.
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hello @DILLYARA 

Happy to help! Udemy asks for at least 10 minutes of free previews avaiable for students to views if they like the tone and the style of the course. For more information on free previews and how to turn on free previews on the course, please refer to this article.

Hope this helped. Let us know if you have any further questions.

Kindest regards,

Leonor

Udemy moderation team

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Leonor C.
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hello @DILLYARA 

Happy to help! Udemy asks for at least 10 minutes of free previews avaiable for students to views if they like the tone and the style of the course. For more information on free previews and how to turn on free previews on the course, please refer to this article.

Hope this helped. Let us know if you have any further questions.

Kindest regards,

Leonor

Udemy moderation team

Go to solution

Many thanks, @Leonor C. for a quick response and for the link shared. 

Would appreciate your advice on a follow up question, which arose after having checked the link to the article you kindly shared.

The article refers to the very first course lecture, which is always available for a preview.

However, this is true, and please correct me if my assumption is not right, only in instances when the course promo video is unavailable. As when the course promo video is available, it is that video that will always be available for a free preview to students.

Is my assumption correct? 

Appreciate you additional advice.

Best regards,

Dillyara D. 

Leonor C.
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hello again @DILLYARA 

You have 2 options of "free preview" in your course. First is the promo video, which is a dedicated video (and optional) that you put in your course  (here is the link that explain this). Promo videos are a kind of intro video or a promotional video you can insert to the course that are not part of the course itself but used as promotion. The promo video is always the first video to appear in the course and is always free preview. 

The other option is free previews of the lectures themselves. These are part of the course and you simply choose the lectures you want to make available as sample of the course students can see for a sneak peak of the way you lecture - and these are where students see your rhythm, balance, tone, etc. These free previews can be selected from your course and not necessarily be the first lecture of your course but most instructors use the introduction lecture also as free preview. This is up to you.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Leonor

Go to solution

Thank you, Leonor for confirming that the Promo video also counts against those 10minutes of free lectures. 

I already got my Promo video uploaded..:)

Can you please help with my submission related challenge? 

I pushed "submit' button, but it said that I need to complete all the lectures in curriculum section. However, I have got everything in there:

1) all the sections filled out

2) all the lectures filled out and videos uploaded 

3) all the descriptions of sections and lectures have been created 

4) assignments and quizzes are in there 

5) resources, additional information has been loaded. 

Am I missing something? 

Would appreciate your support!

Kind regards,

Dillyara 

It 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors