Tax Form question

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax Form question

Hello,,

In last year autumn I received message again:

"Udemy needs some basic tax information from you. Our records indicate you do not currently have a valid tax form on file. The payout of your Udemy earnings will be suspended until a valid form is received."

I filled and submitted form once. No feedback received and message that form need to be filled still appears. After 2 months I filled and summited again. The same situation. I received email: "This is to confirm that you recently made a change to your tax details for your instructor account."
But still no feedback, is the tax form accepted or not and message still informing that I need to fill tax form.

Income receiving is blocked for last 3 months.

There are some basic questions:

- How to understand that summitted form is confirmed by tax authorities?

- What should I do, if form is submitted, but no any information about does it confirmed and funds are blocked?

6 Replies
Bessy
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ExpertUp Thank you for asking! 

I‘m sorry for any trouble with the tax form, you can go to the "Payout and Tax settings" option on your account to see the status of it, it should show up the tax withholding rate and the validation date as the example on the screenshot.

Bessy_1-1707691116943.png

If you see that is still showing up as expired after you‘ve submitted it, please send us an email to our support team so we can double check the information with our tax team.

Best regards,

@ExpertUp wrote:

Hello,,

In last year autumn I received message again:

"Udemy needs some basic tax information from you. Our records indicate you do not currently have a valid tax form on file. The payout of your Best cat products
Udemy earnings will be suspended until a valid form is received.
"

I filled and submitted form once. No feedback received and message that form need to be filled still appears. After 2 months I filled and summited again. The same situation. I received email: "This is to confirm that you recently made a change to your tax details for your instructor account."
But still no feedback, is the tax form accepted or not and message still informing that I need to fill tax form.

Income receiving is blocked for last 3 months.

There are some basic questions:

- How to understand that summitted form is confirmed by tax authorities?

- What should I do, if form is submitted, but no any information about does it confirmed and funds are blocked?

I need his solution.

@KatherineNe707 I need the solution too! I have submitted the required tax forms three times now and despite receiving confirmation emails that the tax details have been updated, the requests for the tax forms still keep coming! It is so incredibly frustrating. 

ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JenK Sorry to hear you still see the request form in your profile! Usually, it takes 5 business days to be updated in the system. If you don’t see a change to your Withholding Tax Status within 5 business days, please contact Udemy Support.

Thank you, @ElianaC. I've contacted Udemy Support so hopefully they can help. 

ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Great @JenK

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors