Where can i put referral link?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can i put referral link?

Hello!

Where can I promote my referral link? I have read "Coupons & Course Referral Links: Rules and Guidelines" but I am not sure if I understood it correctly. So please correct me if I got it wrong and also I have 2 questions at the end.

1) I'm free to post my referral link as much as I want on my Instagram and Facebook and TikTok business accounts in posts, reels, bio etc.

2) The same in e-mail.

3) I'm not allowed to post links on Udemy and in my other courses etc, with the exception of bonus lectures.

4) Can I post referral link in places other than my social accounts? Like in appropriate Facebook groups. Would Udemy have problem with that? (Ofc I mean to posts in groups which are relevant to my course topic and allow advertisement, so that's not my question, I only wonder what's udemy statement on this)

5) 2nd question. What are "Educational announcements" mentioned in "dont's" in referral links guideline?

2 Replies

Hello Karolina Ball Sports Gear,

1. Yes, you are free to post your referral link as much as you want on your own social media accounts, such as Instagram, Facebook, and TikTok. This is one of the ways you can promote your course to your audience via email or social media. 
  2. Yes, the same applies to email. You can send your referral link to your email subscribers or contacts, as long as they have opted in to receive promotional messages from you. No, you are not allowed to post your referral link anywhere on the Udemy platform, except for the bonus lecture. This includes educational announcements, course landing pages, course materials, direct messages to students, and course discussions. This is because Udemy wants to provide a safe learning environment for students, where they will not be sold once they enter a course.
  3. Yes, you can post your referral link in places other than your social accounts, as long as they are relevant to your course topic and allow advertisement. For example, you can post your referral link to inappropriate Facebook groups, blogs, forums, podcasts, YouTube videos, etc. However, you should always follow the rules and guidelines of the platforms or communities where you post your referral link, and avoid spamming or violating their terms of service.
  4. Educational announcements are messages that you can send to your existing students to provide them with additional educational content, such as articles, videos, quizzes, etc. You can send up to four educational announcements per month, per course. However, you cannot include any coupons or referral links in your educational announcements, as they are meant to be purely educational and not promotional.

Best Regards

Thank you for the detailed answer! This clears things up for me 😊

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors