is there is any limitation for recorded lessons size please?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is there is any limitation for recorded lessons size please?

Go to solution

Good after noon , I hope my message will find you well, I'm using my iPad recorded screen for making my lessons, but when I do recording for 4 minutes, the size of the video file is above 100MB, is it ok to upload such sizes in my course ? this is my first time to do a course. thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @IsamAlHassa535 It's great to hear that you're working on creating your first course using your iPad recorded screen. Regarding your concern about the video file size, the maximum file size allowed is 4 GB, so you are good with the file size, please know that you can record videos from 6-10 minutes each. You can learn more here.

I hope this helps.

Eliana

Udemy Community Moderator 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @IsamAlHassa535 It's great to hear that you're working on creating your first course using your iPad recorded screen. Regarding your concern about the video file size, the maximum file size allowed is 4 GB, so you are good with the file size, please know that you can record videos from 6-10 minutes each. You can learn more here.

I hope this helps.

Eliana

Udemy Community Moderator 

Go to solution

thanks a lot, have a nice day 

Go to solution

When creating recorded lessons, it is important to be mindful of potential size limitations. These limitations can vary depending on the platform or service you are using to store and share the recordings. For instance, cloud storage services like Google Drive or Dropbox often have individual file size limits and overall storage quotas, while e-learning platforms such as Moodle or Blackboard may impose their own restrictions on file uploads to ensure smooth streaming and accessibility for all users. Additionally, larger file sizes can lead to longer upload and download times, increased bandwidth consumption, and potential playback issues for students with slower internet connections. To optimize the size of your recorded lessons, consider compressing videos, using efficient encoding formats, and breaking lengthy sessions into shorter segments. This approach not only helps in managing storage limitations but also enhances the learning experience by making content more accessible and manageable for students.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors