pricing

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pricing

I cannot set my pricing on udemy. I could only set a backup price of my own currency which is MYR 69.99.

chenjonathan86_0-1704544202585.png

What actually is the problem with udemy? Coz according to my data and analytics i only eard USD 3.58. This is so low and its not the price that i set

chenjonathan86_1-1704544280006.png

I am like wtf is this i mean wth is udemy doing? why are they cheating the instructors like me although i understand that 60 percent would be taken from udemy, so it means customers should be paying 9 us dollars instead of 3 usd? wth?

2 Replies
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @chenjonathan86 Let me clear things out for you, from what I can see you have opted into the Udemy Deals program ( this is optional and you can be updated at any time). In the past few months, we tried a new approach for pricing courses in our Deals Program. Previously, if you set a lower price than what our model suggested, your price would be used instead. Now, we've tested a different method where we recommend a price based on the course's value and market demand. This change had a positive impact on instructor revenue and created more consistent pricing across courses. You can also check the update here

You can also check the details of the sale you received by accessing the Revenue Report under "view details" to see the amount that was attributed to your revenue.  In case, you have further questions, you can contact the team, please open the help center article here and click “Contact Us” on the right.

Eliana 

Udemy Community Moderator 

@chenjonathan86 - Udemy is cheating you? When you signed up as an instructor on Udemy and published your first course, you agreed to let Udemy set prices for your course and market it as it sees best. Or did you not bother to read what you were agreeing to?

The quick summary is this. Udemy can set whatever it thinks is best for your course. It really doesn't matter what price you set. Udemy basically ignores that. And, Udemy runs sales just about every other day where the price for your course will be reduced to somewhere between $9.95 and $12.95. Since about 95% of your sales will come when Udemy is running a sale, you can expect to earn anywhere between $1 and $5 for each sale.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.
Top Liked Authors