Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bella
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Biggest risk you've ever taken?

Hello instructors! 

It’s time for another Hot Topic! 

What is the biggest risk you’ve taken in your course creation journey? 

Leave a comment below and let us know!

7 Replies

Thanks, @Bella for the topic.

The Biggest risk I've taken is to resign from my full-time teaching job in an Organisation, to launch a course on Udemy. 

But I'm happy to share, I made my first $1000 in less than 20 days. Working on another course, and will launch it in the next 10 days. 

Would love to hear others story 😄

Bella
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Congratulations on your well-deserved success, @Mohit UniyalSo happy to see you accomplishing great results in such a short time! 

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community

Did you have existing community before who you shared link to  ?? 

Congrats Mohit that was surely a big risk but with a happy turnout. Wishing you all the best in your future endeavors. 

Hi @Bella ,

The beautiful aspect of Udemy is that you can create a course WITHOUT any risks.  I didn't take any risks at all, and really enjoyed the process. 🙂

Of course, I can imagine two major categories of risks - either quitting a full-time job (like Mohit did), or hiring a team too early, without being quite sure that the whole thing is profitable. 

But other than that - when you do it as a weekend pet project, without hiring anyone to help you, then you have everything to gain and nothing to loose.

Even if you spend your time and don't get the expected result - actually creating a course gives you an additional set of skills - video-editing, audio-recording, etc. - that you can use later in other projects. So it's a win anyway!

With kind regards,

Vlad.

Bella
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

That's a very interesting perspective and I couldn't agree more, @Vlad_B. Thanks for sharing! 🙂

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community

That is so true Vlad_B. It is a great experience. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stories & Inspiration
Pull up a seat and chat with your fellow instructors. This is a great place to get to know each other, swap stories, and just relax.
Top Liked Authors