Obstacles in publishing my first course

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Obstacles in publishing my first course

Hello everyone,

I hope you are all well, I am reaching out in the hope of gaining some insights and advice from you all regarding a situations I've recently encountered when trying to publish my first course on Udemy.

The context might start familiar for many of you, I've been working hard on creating an online course for months, designing it to fit the Udemy style, and when it was finally complete, I eagerly submitted it for review.

When submitting it, Udemy asked me to do a verification step, taking me to Persona to upload an ID and take a video of my face, all was well, this happened on June 30th.

With an estimated verification time of 2-3 business days, I waited patiently.
Fast forward to Friday on June 7th I was getting a bit worried because I received no response and my course was still locked, so I sent Udemy an email and kindly asked for a status update.

Their response was a weird one, asking me to confirm my account and email address, which I did, and that was the last response to come from that thread.

The next day, I was logged out of my Udemy account, unable to log back in with a message saying my account was suspended temporarly and that I need to contact policy@udemy.com for more information.

I wrote to Udemy again, asking for any information, but all I received were automated responses.

It's weird for me to think this is a policy related issue, because I believe I've been extremely careful to adhere to all of Udemy's policies and guidelines, and to the best of my knowledge, I haven't violated any rules. The sudden suspension without any clear explanation has left me quite perplexed and disheartened.

I wrote them another mail trying to ask for information, and the only response was again a template.

All this lead me here, asking for your help. Has anyone else experienced a similar situation? How did you handle it?

I'm open to any suggestions and advice. I believe in the value of the course I've created, and I'm eager to find a way to share it with learners who could benefit from it.

Thank you for reading.

TL;DR: After months of hard work, I completed an online course and submitted it to Udemy. During the verification process, my account was unexpectedly suspended without clear explanation. Despite multiple attempts to contact Udemy, I've only received automated responses. I'm seeking advice from anyone who has experienced a similar situation or has insights on how to handle this.

5 Replies
MarinaT
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @AlexDima

Welcome to the community, and I'm sorry to hear you are struggling with publishing your course.
Somebody from the Policy team should follow up with you by email during the day.

Fingers crossed that you will be able to publish your course soon!🤞

Please let us know if you have additional questions about your instructor journey.

Hi @MarinaT 

Thanks for the kind words, still waiting as of now for any response from somebody from the policy team.

I do have one question for you, maybe you encountered this in the past.

Since this was my first course and it's verification process probably hasn't even started, do you think it would be a good idea to simply re-start the process on a new account?

Maybe this way it could escape from this deadlock.

Following

ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @AlexDima I'm sure the team will be following up with you to find a solution for your case. No need to create a second account to restart the process. 

Well written!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors