Questions related to course links and downloadable resources.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions related to course links and downloadable resources.

QUESTION 1: Can I share the DIRECT LINK to my Udemy course (free or paid) anywhere, such as on Facebook, Pinterest posts, blogs, resumes, LinkedIn, Instagram, TikTok, with friends and family, on Fiverr, Upwork profiles, CVs, WhatsApp chats, WhatsApp statuses, etc.?

QUESTION 2: Can I share my Udemy course (free or paid) REFERRAL LINK anywhere, including on Facebook, Pinterest posts, blogs, resumes, LinkedIn, Instagram, TikTok, with friends and family, in WhatsApp chats, WhatsApp statuses, etc.?

QUESTION 3: Should I apply copyright to the PDFs I created? I'm concerned about someone downloading and using them without permission. Also, if I upload them once, will they become my property?

4 Replies

@Mehwish1 👋 Hello

Under the Promotions tab in your course, you have a referral link that gives you 97% of revenue. 

This is what you should share, and yes, anywhere you would like to market.

Copyright in the US does include online content snd you can learn more HERE.

Got it, thanks! Is it appropriate to include a copyright notice such as '© Mehwish Shafiq Patel 2024 - All Rights Reserved' on the PDFs and downloadable resources that I plan to upload to Udemy? Would this practice be in line with Udemy's policies?

@Mehwish1 

From legal zoom:

All rights reserved

Sometimes you will see the phrase "all rights reserved" as part of a copyright notice. For example: "© 2021 Stephen King. All rights reserved."

This means that no one may use your work unless they obtain your permission. This statement is not legally required, and failure to include it has no legal significance. Since others may not use copyrighted works without the copyright holder's permission, the statement is redundant.

If you include the statement "no rights reserved," it means that you are permitting anyone else to use your work. This is occasionally done when the work is being published for some charitable or public-interest purpose, and the creator wants it to be available for general use by others.

Although the phrase "all rights reserved" is not required, there is no harm in adding it. Someone unfamiliar with copyrights may see this phrase and be deterred from copying the work.

I appreciate the detailed explanation regarding 'all rights reserved.' Thank you for shedding light on this matter.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors